Used 2006 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 237 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Happy Owner
By NISMO

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion tC is great looking and performs well, the only thing I dislike about it is the fuel economy. When you run the car at anything lower than 2,000 rpm it dosen't have enough power to pull, but if you push it to 3,000 rpm you waste fuel very fast. It is well built though. Other than those few issues the car is wonderfull, I would have expected foreign tire son on the car like Toyo or Yokohama since it is Japanese. I will be adding a turbo to the car to help me go faster and maybe an ECU chip to replace the factory one. I race though and expect more, but for a daily driver, this car is good.

The 17 inch alloy wheels on the car are really nice and the roof is one of my favorite features.

The car needs better fuel economy and I would like to be able to buy it with a turbo.

Good little car
By Jim H - Longwood FL

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car now for about 8 months, and it was a change going from a Camry to the tC. The car has good take off, and I have had no problem with the handling. It is a fun little car to drive.

The great sunroof, sporty styling, and steering wheel radio controls.

It needs a 6th gear for better fuel economy. The trunk is too small to be practical. The speedo and tach are sometimes difficult to read.

2006 Scion tC
By LT

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I researched several cars prior to getting a 2006 Scion tC. I test drove a 2006 Mustang and found the seats to still be uncomfortable, although an improvement over my 1997 model. I also test drove a 2006 Acura RSX and found that the tC handled better, is quieter, more comfortable to sit in, and cost several thousand less than a comparably equipped model. My only reservation about buying a tC was the age group Toyota targeted - I'm old enough to be their father! I bought the tC anyway. It's the Special Edition 2, and it turns heads. The only thing I added is tinted windows. It's fun to drive, hugs the road, handles better on wet roads than my old Mustang did, and I have fewer stops at the gas station.

All the features available at the price, the panoramic sunroof, ease of a hatchback, handling, and Toyota quality.

Add a rear window wiper.

2005 Scion tC
By mb

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2005 Scion tC that i just wrecked and totaled out about a week ago. I hit another car doing 45 mph and aside from being knocked unconcious from the airbags for about 15 min, I got only one minor scrach from the knee airbag as my only injury. I actually opened the door and walked away with no help at all. I give this car GREAT marks on saftey and performance and I'm about to get another to replace my toatled one. As for the people that talk bout gas, IT'S A SPORTS CAR! I averaged 30 mpg and NEVER under 28. This is the BEST car for the money. I love the car!

All the features that come standard are AWSOME! This is a very sturdy car as well.

I had mine for a year and never found one!

Best Small Car Bargain
By steve

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car has shined and l don't mean just the paint. This is the best car l have owned since and l have owned 2 American cars and trucks, a German car, and an Audi A4. It reminds me a lot of that car but for thousands of dollars less.