Used 2005 Scion tC Consumer Reviews - 455 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

pretty good overall
By andrea

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over three years and I feel I can make an adequate assessment of the vehicle. The car is not made of the best quality parts. The pain chips and the body dents easily. The gas mileage is OK, and I find it hard to believe the manual trans gets worse mileage than the auto. I take the car in every 5k for oil changes/maintenance and have treated it well. The hatchback rattles like crazy in 40 or below weather and the hatchback struts gave out on me after about a year of having the car (not covered in the extended warranty). You feel every bump on the road, but I guess that is due to low pro tires. It is slippery in the snow, but handles well in rain. Great CA car!

LOTS of room for cargo storage. If you lower the back seat, you can store lots! I also the love the reclining back seats. There is also lots of room if you do sit in the back.

heated seats?

Solid car for the money.
By JAG

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving my Scion tC for almost a year now and I really enjoy this vehicle. It looks great and had all the features I was looking for such as power everything, decent gas mileage, sun roof, air conditioning, and disc changer. I bought it with 57,000 miles on it and it still drives like a brand new car. I am hoping to get as many miles out of my current tC as possible and would definitely purchase another one in the future.

Sporty design, sunroof, and over all road performance.

This may not be an issue for all 05 tC's but the tire pressure light is extremely sensitive and goes off constantly. (nothing wrong with tires) The sunroof whistles occasionally while traveling at high speeds.

Wish it was a lil better, o well.
By jagon09

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car used with only 27k miles and it is actually a pretty good buy. It is pretty fun to drive just wish it wasn't so heavy around turns. My dad's lil old Honda is smoother around turns, but what can ya say. I still love it. O and gas mileage isn't where it should be but I think that is due to weird weather lately and me not having standard 215/45/17 tires but 235/45/17 tires. O well. 21 is way better than the old 13 I got with a Chevy truck. lol

standard, pretty fast for a 4 cyl, sunroof, and moonroof, trd air intake and exhaust make it sound awesome.

Not so heavy, more durable (entire front fender destroyed buy a feather touch of a Chevy, it was no bueno) one sunroof is fine, better gear ratios, have to switch almost instantly in first 3 gears, all Glass roof is no bueno when you flip the lil devil but other than that it is a pretty good lil ride

ok car
By dsl

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when it first came out towards the end of 04. So far no engine problems. But the brakes squeaks a lot on reverse. Also, the liftback rattles from time to time. Radio cover also squeaks constantly. I took it back to the dealer, they tried to fix it but the problems are still there.

reliability, Toyota engine

fix the problems; brake squeaks, liftback rattles, and radio cover squeaks

Not Bad
By Paul

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine used after reading mostly good things for a not-too-expensive sporty coupe. I think that the car should get better fuel mileage for a relatively small engine. Also, the interior materials are fairly easily marred from a simple wedding ring or touching it with your key. On the good side, it has plenty of torque and is a great car to learn to drive a manual or if you don't have good knees but still want a manual as a lot of shifting is not required for function.

Standard features: sunroof, cd player, panoramic roof, keyless entry. Enough torque to get moving easily.

A sixth gear that is an overdrive gear for cruising. 3200 RPM in 5th at 60 isn't very respectable. Better interior finish and materials.