Used 2005 Scion tC Consumer Reviews - 455 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

The real BMW 1 series..made in Japan
By steve

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the car with most options, Sat. radio, 6-disc changer, A/T,Spoiler. Since then,i have purchased an aluminium shift knob, and will be doing performance and visual upgrades in the near future. This is a great car, not only for the money , but in general. The performance is pretty good, and depending on your wallet size it can be as mild or wild as you like. The styling is very BMW'esqe, especially at the c-piller. The interior has a Lexus like fit and finish, with all the controls easily accessable. The Pioneer Radio/CD player could have better buttons, but i am nit- picking. This is a car that is perfect for the first time buyer as well as a "seasoned" veteran like myself.

My favorite features are the flip-open radio console, and the seats. The seats are probably the most comfortable in this class, and on par with anything more expensive from Europe. Also, i feel the car is visually striking while not going in for the "boy racer" look.

I would love to see a convertible, as well as a high performance model like the RSX-R. The stereo controls could also do with knobs instead of buttons, and Leather should be an option.Lastly, I would love to see real tests with cars that have the performance upgrades offered by TRD.

cool car
By valleygirl76

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my scion TC for about 2 months now, and so far so good. If you are looking for an attention getting stylish somewhat inexpensive car, this is perfect. It handles well and is seemingly reliable (of course time will tell). Everywhere I go, people compliment me on it, which is fun!!! It is very roomy inside and I feel very safe in it (heavy solid doors and tons of airbags). I also love that it is a toyota (heard it has the same engine as a camry). Definitley a cool, fun, safe, reliable car!!! highly recomeneded!

love the body style, sun roof, air bags, pioneer cd player

the removable part the covers the trunk iniside could be a little more strudy, would be nice if it came with the garage door opener option...

Scion Tc
By Ben

The Scion Tc is great.

The stock sound system, the comfortable seats, and the outside look are incredible.

The only thing missing is a wind shield wiper for the rear window.

great car
By michaelj

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Outstanding car. Have had no problems with 8000 miles so far. The fit and finish is of Lexus caliber.

Handling, style and interior/exterior quality.

Best Car!
By Sara

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought my 17 year old sister this car for her birthday and it was the best investment. Other then it taking forever to locate a Scion tC. This car is well worth it. It's amazing that all of the features come standard, since I had to pay more $ to upgrade my Acura RSX with the same features. It is so much fun to drive and such a head turner. I've had a lot of cars and I would trade my RSX in in a heartbeat for this car! Bonus: The first 3 oil changes are free! You can't go wrong with the price and the overall quality of the car. The cars are just very hard to locate, because of their popularity.

Sun-Roof (even over the back seats!)

We put a rear spoiler on the back of my sister's car, but it's not really noticeable. That's the only thing that was not worth the extra $$.