Used 2016 Scion iM Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Scion iM Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific iM model:

iM satisfied.
By Vince B.

2016 Scion iM Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

There's no more Scion brand. 2016 was the last model year.

Scion iM is great
By Paige Price

You will love it!

The 2016 scion im really sucks!
By Jenny

2016 Scion iM Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The tires are as thin as paper. In less than a year of owning it I frequently have had to change all four tires back to back. The bumpers lay about an inch above the ground constantly getting stuck in snow or the bumper scraping the the ground/curb. The headlights are weak making visibility poor. Even my flashlight shines brighter and no fog lights are equipped. Acceleration is very bad especially merging onto the highway or passing other drivers. The car has no cd player so. I can't listen to all my favorite music and the horn sounds like a woman screaming "Ayyy-Ayyy". Also there not a variety of colors to choose from.

Great little car!
By Lanae

2016 Scion iM Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Been a great little car so far. I big change from my 2008 Toyota Corolla. I like how this Scion hugs the road, it's quieter, its comfortable and all around a good car.

I drove the Eurospec Auris and loved it!
By Miguelito Loveless

2016 Scion iM Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is a continuation of my original post now that I recently acquired a US spec 2017 Toyota I/M. Everything stated before applies and then some. The US version has 17" wheels and 225mm width tires. The result is a more stable ride on the freeway. Drives on the freeway like my 1988 Mustang GT with 245mm tires on 16" wheels. Very stable, very composed. Standing start acceleration is not a strong suit with this vehicle, but freeway performance is another matter. In my area, we have freeways with long uphill grades. The I/M can actually accelerate uphill and in 6th gear! Cruises at 75 to 80 easily!!!! In 6th gear, engine is only turning 3000 rpm. The car is very quiet at speed and comfortable. The seats have large bolsters and are snug, but still very comfortable. The driver's seat is 6-way manual adjust and don't feel the need for a power seat. We typically keep cars over 10 years and over 100,000 miles. I am very confident this vehicle will meet these milestones.