Used 2003 Saturn VUE SUV Consumer Reviews - 406 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Saturn VUE SUV

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

One owner single woman!
By Jackie

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Love this car. Purchased brand new and have driven for 11 years. Saturn should have never stopped building these

Worse car I've ever owned
By Shyanne

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car a few years ago. Since I've had it, the BCM went out, had to get the master cylinder replaced TWICE, went through countless calibers and brake pads, brakes locked up at least once a week, horrible mileage, had an exhaust leak, every one of my flex pipes were broken, starter broke, interior lights stopped working, the horn would get stuck, theft system was a joke, hatch would not stay up, and on top of all that its the ugliest car I've ever had

MPG
By Travis

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This 2003 Vue was the first car my wife has bought on her own.She talked him down to $1450 and we drove it home. My girls came out and cleaned it up while we were at work and it's not let us down yet,but we haven't owned it but for 7months.As of today I have put right at 20,000 miles on it and its been great. It needs a clutch but with 255,000 miles on it I would too.We just took it to the beach and I was getting almost 35 mpg,mind you we had it packed.5 people and luggage and it only costs us $12 to drive down there. We had just got rid of our 2012 Sonic because the mpg wasn't there, same trip in it,well we had to fill up before we got there and it is a smaller car with a smaller engine. We love our Vue and we plan on keeping it for a while.

Great...while it lasted
By JP

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Up until I hit 220k, this car was a breeze. Bought it at 171k, it ran perfectly and shifted smooth. Ended up replacing all the suspension over the course of a year, rode and felt like a new car. The Vue was always lacking in power, don't expect to be racing around. 1st gear has tons of torque, a ridiculous amount really. Super easy to spin the tires, and you can get up to maybe 15 mph if you're pushing it before having to shift. Highway driving is annoying, car hovers around 3500 rpm cruising at 70 mph. Insurance is very expensive as well. If you can look past that though, it really is a great car. Only major repair was the alternator around 190k (which subsequently fried the battery), mechanic said it looked like the original. The trans is still going strong to this day, same with the engine. Starts every time, even during the winter when we had easy -20f one year. But. Ever since hitting 220k, the radiator fan went, o2 sensor has been on the fritz for quite some time, and most recently, the shift cables snapped. Parts for this car are ridiculous, I work at an automotive store and the fiancee works at a repair shop, and still repairs have been expensive. For a little saturn, this should not be so. Scrapping this car and buying an economy is the plan. For the dedicated, I could see this vehicle hitting 300k+ easy, it's just not worth it to me.

Don't buy one.. If you have one Good Luck!
By Iffy

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought an 03 Saturn Vue last year and 3 days sitting in the driveway and the transmission went out. It only had 80 thousand miles on it and I had just registered it for $500 and I had just towed it from San Francisco run another $500. 4000 dollars later and thing died in three days. So much for reliability and all that other good stuff. If you're looking to buy a Saturn don't be an idiot, and if you already have one good luck.