Used 2000 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Slowly Began to Annoy Me
By Cgrl

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

No major mechanical problem with the car. Has good mileage and has served me well. Me and the car have a relationship of convenience. It's a used economy car so I'll try to be fair. Rattling and minor repairs are expected. Still, the car has no acceleration (unsafe on highway, hills), badly designed, uncomfotable interior. Cup holder in careless location, torture seats, no sun-visor mirror on drivers side. Bad visability, frame gets in way, etc. Get a Honda. Just because it is an economy car doesn't mean that the litte things don't matter. It doesn't actually cost more to design a car in a sensible way, but it costs thousands when you lose what could have been a life long customer

Gas mileage, inexpensive upkeep. It keeps going and going. Itried to kill it by changing oil irregulary to get a new car, didn't work

Acceleration. When you make a car, remember someone has to drive the thing. In other words, fix the interior, I mean everything.

Stay Away!
By carlym615

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 45K on it in Aug of 2000. I thought it would be a reliable car for me to go off to college in. Not 15 miles from the dealership it stopped going. The battery and fuel pump had to be replaced. In Aug of '01 I had to have the transmission rebuilt. The mechanic said that he saw Saturns in there all the time with tranny problems. Since then my sunroof and CD player quit working. The windshield wipers decide when they'd like to work, as do the map lights. I thought this would be a good car to keep around and now I'm forking over the additional money and going with an Accord.

Fuel economy

Too many to name

Appearances are deceiving.
By Ian Clarke

2000 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

Dreadful fuel economy. Poor turning radius. Difficult to get in and out of. Service Engine Soon light will not extinguish. Brakes lasted a year. Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, the play was OK.

None in particular.

Improve ease of exit. Either give reasonable power or reasonable economy. This has neither.

Awesome
By Nicole82

2000 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

This car has worked fantastic for three years. We have put over 70k miles on it since purchasing. The only problem we've encountered was the intake gasket (common problem) that cost $15 to replace and one day of do it yourself installing. Great Fuel Economy. This car glides. I've never driven a car that could coast downhill as well as this. My next car will be a Saturn without question. A+ satisfaction.

Wow so many. The endless cup holders (6) is nice. Fuel economy. Oh, the plastic outside, no more rusting!

Very good car
By BiGdOgG201

2000 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

It is a very nice car. Smooth ride, it has good acceleration and braking. Overall I like this car. It is my second Saturn that I have owned. They are very reliable and I have only had to replace the brakes on it since I got it about two years ago.

My favorite feature is it being a manual transmission. It is the only way that I really enjoy driving because there is nothing like driving a manual.

Lose the "Change oil soon" light, it's annoying and is not needed. For a real car person they know when to change the oil, they don't need t be reminded by a light on the dash.