Used 2000 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

She's always there for me
By jess

2000 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe

I purchased this car after totaling my previous one. Although I wasn't thrilled at first; I wanted a Nissan, I have come to love my Saturn. I bought it 3 years ago and have put 85K on it. And the only things I have had to replace are some tires and a battery. I love the gas mileage, it has a great sound system for factory and it's incredibly reliable. I do wish the interior was in a little better shape, my headliner looks awful, but the paint and all the things still work. I was in a very tiny fender bender and my car looks like it was in a much more serious accident. The other car was fine. So, I wish it were made out of metal, not plastic. All in all, for the price, it's a great car!

Gas mileage

No bucket seats in the back, thank goodness I don't have to sit back there

Love It!
By cjweb930

2000 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe

I have had this car for 4 years and it is 7 years old. I love driving it I feel like I'm in a luxury go-cart! I have never had a problem with this vehicle. I change my oil every 3-5 thousand miles and so far, that is the only maintenance I have ever had to do to it. I love this car.

Gas mileage, handling

Seats could be a bit more comfortable

2000 Saturn SL2
By coolbic

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I would sum this car up to OK. It has good economy (37MPG highway) but tends to lack the goods inside. Lots of road noise even with new tires, arm rest breaks, rattles, no seat comfort, long trips can wear on the back and bum, and I guess I could go on for days. The running gear has caused a lot of problems for me. Car had 50K when purchased and the fuel pump failed (leaving me stranded) and lots of little things were broke. Catalytic convertor had to be replaced from the motor burning oil. The oil burning is out of control and is getting worse. At this point all of the suspension system has been replaced. Some maintenance is expected, but this all was before 110K.

Acceptable acceleration. Fuel economy. Gauge layout

Better interior materials

Saturn: Out Of This World
By Jay Cool

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

It needs more power. Clutch feel is a little too sloppy, and it takes about 12-20 miles of driving to warm it up enough to get it shifting smooth. I also have a head gasket leak so it's dumping coolant in the engine and burning it off, and I have to dump a quart of oil in about every 1000 miles. Other than that, and the easy to crack plastic, the vibrating and crackling speakers, and the too small interior for me, it's OK. If you're looking for a cheap car it's fine.

30 mpg

More power, more room, better reliability, better build quality.

Great Car
By ED

2000 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

Never had problem with it. Very fuel efficient. I've put over 40k miles and stills run great and strong. Next car will be another Saturn. They made these cars to last.