Used 1995 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Amazing Little Car
By Josh Facklam

1995 Saturn S-Series SC1 2dr Coupe

This is an Amazing little car. I was 16 years old when i bought this car with my own money back in June 2009 for $800. It had 210000 miles on it. I have put 13,000 miles on it in 11 months with me driving it. The thing still runs amazing i have been through one set of tires on it and have not had one mechanical thing go wrong with it. I have to put one quart of oil in it every 500 miles, but that is not bad at all. I think its the best $800 dollars i have ever spent. would recomend to anyone!!!

15 years of Saturn
By smeat

1995 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

I've had this car since 1995. I've driven it to every state, except Alaska and Hawaii, lived out of it for months at a times- sometimes with my wife and dog- at with over 334,000 miles on it, the thing just won't die. I've been rear ended twice, done usual maintenance on my own, but original engine, compressor, manual transmission etc. I started replacing everything with performance parts after 200k because I was sure it would die by then, but now I'm not sure if it ever will.

Good gas mileage, easy to work on, reliable. I may actually cry when this sweet car dies.

Seats are junk. Would like more comfortable interior. AC system gets outside stuff in it too easily.

Love this SL2
By Cincy Mom

1995 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Bought this 95 Saturn SL2 used from a local dealership in 1999 for $5000.00 and it is the best money I ever spent on a used car. I drove the car myself for about 2 years before my eldest child got her license, then she drove it before it was passed down to my youngest. Other than maintenance, really haven't had to spend too much money on it. Unfortunately, my youngest son drives this car like he's Michael Andretti and hasn't been the best with regular oil changes and now the engine is shot. But this car has been so reliable and economical/efficient to drive he's looking to replace it with another Saturn..sure hope he's learned his lesson about regular upkeep/oil changes!

Reliable, efficient and economical.

Sits kind of low to the ground, could be a problem for older folks.

Good car
By kruntal

1995 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car (used) because I want to put fewer miles on the BMW. Since Nov 09 I have put on 5K mi on this. Paid $1100, it had 113K mi, muffler was the only thing that needed replacing ($160). The car is not tight as a new one any more, but runs pretty smooth. Gets 31 mpg on mixed driving, 35 on highways. Uses 1 qt of synthetic every 1000 mi. Cheap on insurance. Gets from point A to B reliably. Very laid back on acceleration. I have touched 70 mph, but mostly do 55, it's comfortable. Gives new meaning to bucket seats, feels like sitting in a bucket. Very low seating, no blocking exterior noise. Reliable, economical, unpretentious car. Could be one of best deals on wheels.

Economy (initial cost, fuel, maintenance and insurance), reliability, smooth, expansive green house, good night visibility with head lights, easy 5- speed stick, no worries of being stolen.

A 6th, 7th or even 8th gear, I top out on 5th before I hit 35 mph. Reduce oil consumption. Better seats. Too bad they dropped this car.

Great Little Car.
By TonyK

1995 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I got my SC2 about 5 years ago and love it. It get an average of 36-39 MPG. I put a clutch in it at 140000 miles and 2 water pumps but that's probably because i got the reman pumps. The only downfall is my AC has never worked right. I took it to an AC mechanic and they said it was fixed. 270 dollars later still no ac. I think this is just my car. My friends Saturn's AC is so cold the windows fog up. I'm about to buy another Saturn next week. One more thing. The bushing inside the shifter broke. I had only 3rd and 4th gear. It was 20 bucks off ebay. No biggie.

The leather seats and lots of low end torque for a 4 cylinder. Very easy to drive. It will start moving with no throttle. My girlfriend has no problem driving my Saturn. Put her in my mustang and its like a nightmare...lol

I wish the car was smoother with less road noise. I know its a cheep car and not a Lexus. My next Saturn is going to be FULL of Dynamat.