Used 1994 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

No worries car
By Joe

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

For Sure. No worries with this car whatsoever. Clutch is a bit weak after 150k miles But I've never had a major repair in the 4 years I've owned it. I purchased the car from the original owner, and they hadn't had to fix anything on it either. I'm even quite lazy with oil changes and the car never breaks. Even if you don't have power steering the car is easy to turn. And since the engine is tiny you gain more POWER without power steering! A great car. I may buy a second in the same year. No dents. RESPECT THE PLASTIC! I've been in several fender benders, and total repair costs in both accidents haven't even gone above $300 for new fenders!

Plastic! Reliable! Nothing to break! Good looks even 11 years later. Cheap repairs on whatever may break (with exceptions) Paint doesn't fade, interior plastic looks new!

Clutch. Cupholders would have been nice instead of 'pockets by the hand brake' Rattles a bit. More interior room.

Many miles of flawless service
By Rick

1994 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

I have owned this car for almost 6 years having bought it used with 61000 miles on it. Other than installing a CD player and doing regular maintenance, the car has given me flawless service. It now has 186000 miles on it, still runs and starts every morning. I'm now going to replace it as it is getting long in the tooth. If you are in the market for a used vehicle and can find one with under 100000 miles on it, you will probably get a godd 3 to 5 years of service out of it. Cheap and reliable transportation. Not as spiffy as the newer models, but for the practically minded, a great choice.

5 speed and fuel economy, still gets better than 30MPG

Well, it's been replaced, so not sure this is relevant, but there are no cup holders and the heater controls are way to far down making you take your eyes off the road to make an adjustment.

This is a GM?
By bwilli63

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I just bought this little car about 6 months ago, with 222,000 on the odo(all highway). I just rolled 225,000, and as of yet have had no problems. The only thing wrong when I bought it was the passenger motor mount was bad. So after changing that and a full tune-up, I have to say I'm amazed how well it runs for a domestic of this mileage. Great on gas, fun to drive, and the interior actually makes sense. I think I'll hold on to it while, even if it ends up needing a motor eventually.

Looks, smooth (if not a little noisy) motor with a flat power band, great mileage, VERY easy to work on (think: early 80's Honda Civics). Handles nicely, well thought out interior.

Soundproof the interior. Lots of road noise. And the cupholder stinks. Badly.

It's Been A Great Car
By treatguy

1994 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

I bought this car in 99. I had the dealership replace the clutch before purchasing, since it was slipping during the test drive. In a little over 5 years I've replaced an alternator, iginition switch, and a radiator last summer. I've got the dual overhead cam engine which I highly recommend for performance reasons. Great gas mileage and reliability.

Responsive acceleration,reliability, and the handling is fair for a station wagon.

The seats need to be on some kind of platform or riser so you don't feel like you're climbing down and up when entering and exiting the car.

She's a keeper
By Goldy's owner

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I purchased my car from my in-laws;
the odometer had stopped at 123001
mi.It has been all over the country
and has had no major repairs.The
leather interior has 1 small
tear,this was caused by my tall Father-
in-law trying to get out/in w/ a bad
hip.The paint is gold and is chipping
badly.But the car is 10 and has never
been garaged.I(my husband) just
changed the rear calipers,it was
leaking brake fluid and would not
stop.But he made the job look pretty
simple.The oil is changed by the
dealer every 3 to 5 months and she
seems to be doing wonderfully.My car
still has the cup holder but I can
tell why many reviewers'don't.The
performance switch does nothing

sporty body,leather interior,fun to drive and GOOD MPG.

real cup holder,better paint job,relocate the cruise control switch.