Used 1994 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Tough little cookies
By Dakota4Red

1994 Saturn S-Series SC1 2dr Coupe

My little Saturn just survived a BAD wreck, severe impact to the rear, with offending driver moving at a HIGH rate speed. The Saturn held together, kept me and my 2 children safe inside, and even steered off the highway in spite of a bent frame. I want another just like it when the insurance comes through!

The 5-speed manual is a delight to drive, surprising "pep" from a 4 cylinder, and the overall exterior look is just adorable. I was pleasantly surprised at how sturdy the mostly-fiberglass panels really are, they held up and kept us safe.

Maybe stronger speakers...they didn't hold up to the radio's volume abilities. Otherwise...don't change a thing.

Told sister-in-law to buy; now I own it!
By LARRY

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

Cheap to buy/operate/insure. Low theft rate/easy to maintain. I'm considering another Saturn right now! Not exciting, just reliable transportation. Very good DIY car to maintain. Parts are plentiful @ jobbers, but not many @ wreckers...shows many original Saturns still on the road! I have 200,000 kilometers on mine & doesn't burn oil...passes provincial emissions test with flying colors.

Gas mileage 47 mpg imperial, with automatic! "Tupperware/rubbermaid" body looks great with a quick wax job (after 12 brutal Canadian winters!). Great car for teens to learn in(low power, means no racing). Car feels safe. Traction control with 4 snow tires is unbeatable. Spin-on trany filter is A-1

Original seats are brutal...I replaced with 2nd generation Saturn SL1 for $150 from wreaker. Better, but not great. Easy 8 bolt job. Motorized seat belts are the worst ever invented! No cup holders! Rear window defroster doesn't shut itself off. Rear disc brakes not good in salted roads...they seize

Great car
By Frank

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

This car has truely surprised me, I bought it for $3K in 2000, expecting it to last me one year, but here we are six years later and the car is truely running strong. It as a great center of gravity for those times you want to punch it on the curves. It saves on gas, it have a nice body design and it has been fun to drive. The only major work I've had to do on this 12 year old car is change the clutch, other than that, it's super!

The handling on the car is wonderful, the size is just right and the interior is great!

A little more head room, I'm 6' tall and I sometimes mess up my hair with the ceiling of the car.

What a car!
By MacHappy

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I am so pleased with my Saturn SL2. I bought it new in August of 1994. It has been our primary car, family car and now my work car. On a recent trip to Eastern Washington, my car hit 300,000 miles! Aside from replacing worn out parts (belt tensioner, serpentine belt, battery, and altenator) the car has been fantastic! It is fun to drive, very dependable and a joy to have. After 11 years of ownership and now 303,000 miles I am still going strong in my Saturn.

Dependable, fuel economy, sporty feel, fun to drive.

A little too noisy on the road.

1994 Saturn SL 4 door sedan
By Ed

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

This has been an amazingly trouble free car. It is 11 years old, consistently gets better than 38 MPG (Hwy) and has had very little maintenance. In fact, I have had 4 repairs (outside regular maintenance) in 9 years of owning the vehicle, and the most expensive was $400.

Gas mileage!

Seats get uncomfortable on long (4-10 hour) drives.