Used 1994 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Lasted
By BKilla

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I never had any problems with my Saturn. It did have an oil leak so I stopped getting my oil changed 4 years ago and just started adding new oil in it. I have put well over 203,000 miles on this car without any problems. Seriously. I had wanted a new car so I kept thinking that with not getting its oil changed it might break down or something, but it never did! I actually sold it, and I must say I know it will keep going strong with the amount of miles and the sad sad way I abused it. (yes I know I was young & dumb I will never not change the oil in a car again)

Reliability.

Way too small. Nobody could sit comfortably in that back seat!

Who Knew?
By Commando44

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

Who Knew that a Saturn was a good car. I wrecked my old car and needed another to commute 40 miles round trip to work. I cam across a '94 SL1 with 35K miles on it......I did a double take, and investigated and it looked to be a real deal. My first driving impressions was that it was ok, but it grew on me. Odometer went out and had to be repaired, but other than that, its a winner. It rides well and has decent performance. You will like the fuel economy and the reliability.

Gas mileage. Dependability.

Car burns a lot of oil. Found out most Satty's do. Not an issue because of the dependable gas mileage. Just remember to check your oil often!!! Cup holders? Never had any. Stereo system and that cheap plastic.

Pretty good for used cheap car
By Leopardlady

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car 2 years ago, (1995) and love how it handles in the snow. Couldn't ask for a better handling car, was amazed at it. However, some maintenance issues have got me looking for another vehicle. Heater core is going bad, just replaced the brakes for a pretty huge sum of money. Interior is cheap; windows leak, plastic parts inside are wearing, and I need a fuel injector. Basically, just normal wear and tear, and I have to pump all this into it in one summer. Car came with pretty decent stereo, speakers could crank some more but it is an econ car. Overall, I recommend it--mileage is alright. Get a newer one though--avoid old car problems.

Handling in bad weather is awesome. I drive a good ways to college, and in Michigan winters this is a must-have

Longer lasting heater core? lol--it is after all a 1994, disappointed it will cost so much to fix, and very difficult to get to, the dash needs to be removed. cha ching! seals around windows and doors need to be made better, they leak.

Great Beginner Car
By Zack T

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

First off, I have to say this is an excellent starter car. I got my license a few months back, but don't have a car of my own. My step-mom has been letting me use her car, and I love driving it around. It's very smooth and handles really well. It's also got the power to get you out of a tight spot if you're ever in one. The exterior is hard to damage, which is part of the reason why this is a good beginner car. It also turns a surprising number of heads, which most teenagers will admit, is something they look for in a car. And as I read in another review and can confirm, it feels like you're going faster than you really are, which for me helps to keep me from speeding unconsciously.

Tough exterior, looks good, handles great, and gets excellent gas mileage.

As a teenager, you know I have to say it could use a CD player to play my Tom Petty CDs, but hey, it's 13 years old. They've already fixed that. And other than sometimes having to put a hand on the ground to push yourself out, I can't think of anything else.

Will own another Saturn anyday
By hoppy460

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

Car has 230,000 miles on it and runs great still. I have replaced common items such as Radiator, waterpump, rear wheel bearings, belt tensioner, fuel pump, and rebuilt starter. I am amazed this car still runs so good for all my harsh short trip driving. Last road trip I once got 39.88 MPG. Does not burn oil. I will probably buy newer Saturn this summer.

Window seals. Fan needs to kick on sooner.