Used 2000 Saturn L-Series Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Saturn L-Series

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:

Horrible!
By Hilary

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 129,000 miles on it in September 2008 and it lasted me barely 2 years and died at 165,000 miles. Since i had purchased the car i had put well over $3,000 dollars fixing things. The engine was horrible and always had something wrong. Recently my car stopped i brought it in to the shop and yet again another engine problem that would cost another 4,000 to fix. That's when i said bye to that stupid car.

I hated this car it was one thing after another breaking down.

Just don't buy it, it will take all the money you have!

Very good car
By Michael

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I inherited this car from my mother who bought it brand new in 2000 for 14k. It has just over 113,000 miles on it and has never had any major problems(save for insignificant oil leak). The car still gets a combined mileage of 30 mpg. Nothings been replaced because it was an early model, without the power options. The clutch is in "darn good condition" as we were told, the body pretty clean save for some crashes. This thing still has some get up and go too. Can get up to speed and keep up with a 2006 Mazda 2.3 until 3rd gear. Overall, I'd recommend this car to whoever is willing to take care of them. Saturns are long for running forever.

Smooth drive, sound, ac/heating, pretty much everything.

nothing.

best car we ever owned
By saturnfan

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

Extremely reliable car, no engine troubles ever, clutch and front brakes lasted to 250,000 km, redid rear brakes a couple of times. Credit manual transmission(5 spd 4 cyl), good driving and highway mileage. Windshield wipers are junk, failed twice, parking brake and air conditioning are troublesome. Fuel economy and comfort are great, sometimes drive 4 hrs at a stretch, interior is a very attractive and comfortable place to be.

Interior design, manual tranny, smooth clutch,huge trunk with fold down seats, roomy, front seat comfort.

windshield wipers, ignition switch, parking brake, a/c was junk like all cars my family ever owned. Are Japanese A/C's better?

It's been good to us.
By Wm/Sharon McDaniel

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

This is my wife's car and she is 100% satisfied with it. The only thing that has been replaced is the liner under the hood about four months ago. Of course it has been tuned up, had tires and battery replaced and one taillight last year. Everything still works fine including the sound system, air conditioner and power windows. It has always been serviced by the dealer. It has always been garaged and it still looks new.

The sound system is great and the sun roof is nice. Oh yeah it gets great gas mileage too. ( 26-32)

My wife says its fine just the way it is.

"Satan" not "Saturn"!
By Joelle

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

From the moment the keys hit my palm, you name it, it broke! Timing chain, sway bars, ball joints, horn, power locks, steering column, brake line, engine cradle, air condition, blower motor, horn, seat belt latch on driver side, control button for power window and speakers died. I kid you not, this car ruined 5 yrs of my life! I finally got rear ended and the car was totaled! I was injured but happy to know that I would never have to see that hunk of junk again! Buyers beware!