Used 2000 Saturn L-Series Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Saturn L-Series

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:

2000 Saturn L WINS !
By hodman

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Saturn L sedan just before Thanksgiving 1999. It was brand new from the dealer .
The car had 7 miles on the odometer, and ran perfectly.
It still runs exactly perfectly today, with 168,000 miles.
It has been probably the most trouble free car I have ever owned.
The only repair has been a new power steering pump at 40,000 miles, and the Saturn dealer went havers with me on the bill.
Other than that one repair, only routine maintenance has been necessary.
Amazing !
My wife won't let me sell the car !

Excellent gas mileage Very low maintenance costs Very reliable, has never needed towing. Nice design Wonderful original paint job looks like new Huge trunk

4 cylinder engine needs more power, adequate only. It's fine on the freeway, but pick-up at traffic lights is a little slow

Skeptical..But like it!
By hesameanone

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

I recentally sold my 98 Camaro for somthing a bit larger, So I bought the Saturn Ls2, Everybody asks me "why did you buy a saturn?" I love the car I hear awfull things about Saturns but, it's really a good car. With the 3.0 it really gets up and goes! The Leather seats are VERY comfortable, But the Build quality lacks quite abit. I think it all depends on how you treat the car, it's taken me everywhere & I just passed 160,000!

Dont EVER buy this car or ANY Saturn
By frenzy13

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

This was my first car at years old. I was so excited to get it. But within one day of owning this car it was problem after problem. It started off by shifting hard and the engine light came on. Over the past years I have replaced the O2 sensor (and probably every sensor in the car) the ignition switch, the starter, ball joints, wheel bearings, end links, the heater and the fuel pump-TWICE! Also the speedometer and odometer stopped working a year ago, and no one can figure out how to fix it. The last straw was the brake lights failed (not the bulbs, fuses, or the brake switch) still a mystery. Today I purchased a brand new Toyota Yaris and could never be happier. Please NEVER buy this car!!!

This car is amazing
By keiter

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

This car is amazing. I bought this car in April 2003 with just over 40,000 on it for $12,500. It was worth every penny. It has has been in a wreck when some lady pulled out in front of me and slammed on her breaks, and I smashed the front of the car and did $2500 in damage. I replaced the shocks but that was my fault because I would hill hop. The AC went out in it in the summer and the heater broke in the winter, and the speakers blew, but other than that I haven't had any problems with the car and I'm currently over 206,000 miles on it. It runs as great now as it did the day I bought it even though I once went 8,000 miles between oil changes..

OK Car
By beckyjones

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

I bought my LS200 with about 134,500 miles on it. It is still running. I would say the car is good to get you to and from your destination. It has always started except for once when it ran out of gas (don't drive with your gas light on for too long!) I also HATE the system in my car. I don't know if it is just my particular car but the sound is horrible. I must say, I have put (and still need too) put lots of money into this car. The window controls are in the middle near the gear which is a pain! Daytime running lights are a plus.

Sunroof!