Used 2000 Saturn L-Series Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Saturn L-Series

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:

Dont EVER buy this car or ANY Saturn
By frenzy13

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

This was my first car at years old. I was so excited to get it. But within one day of owning this car it was problem after problem. It started off by shifting hard and the engine light came on. Over the past years I have replaced the O2 sensor (and probably every sensor in the car) the ignition switch, the starter, ball joints, wheel bearings, end links, the heater and the fuel pump-TWICE! Also the speedometer and odometer stopped working a year ago, and no one can figure out how to fix it. The last straw was the brake lights failed (not the bulbs, fuses, or the brake switch) still a mystery. Today I purchased a brand new Toyota Yaris and could never be happier. Please NEVER buy this car!!!

This car is amazing
By keiter

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

This car is amazing. I bought this car in April 2003 with just over 40,000 on it for $12,500. It was worth every penny. It has has been in a wreck when some lady pulled out in front of me and slammed on her breaks, and I smashed the front of the car and did $2500 in damage. I replaced the shocks but that was my fault because I would hill hop. The AC went out in it in the summer and the heater broke in the winter, and the speakers blew, but other than that I haven't had any problems with the car and I'm currently over 206,000 miles on it. It runs as great now as it did the day I bought it even though I once went 8,000 miles between oil changes..

OK Car
By beckyjones

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

I bought my LS200 with about 134,500 miles on it. It is still running. I would say the car is good to get you to and from your destination. It has always started except for once when it ran out of gas (don't drive with your gas light on for too long!) I also HATE the system in my car. I don't know if it is just my particular car but the sound is horrible. I must say, I have put (and still need too) put lots of money into this car. The window controls are in the middle near the gear which is a pain! Daytime running lights are a plus.

Sunroof!

If you can buy any other vehicle, buy it; don't buy an L-Series Saturn!
By fuzzybeard2016

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

My wife bought this car as a low-mile 1-owner back in 2002. I realize that (nearly) 9 years of wear and tear can be hard on a vehicle, but considering the luck we've had with the powertrain in the past 3 years, I'm wondering if my wife ran over several black cats in succession after hitting a truck filled with mirrors...

To put it bluntly, I'm ecstatic that GM shuttered the Saturn Division. Don't get me wrong, the cars are great *until* things start to fail on them; couple that with an inordinate number of "special" parts that need "special" dealer-only tools to do a basic R/R, and dealers that are as pleasant to deal with as an organized crime syndicate...it was a recipe for failure.

* Fun to drive (when everything is working). * Interior ergonomics. * Excellent visibility.

Isn't this a moot point since GM no longer makes Saturns and thankfully no one else does either?

Horrible!
By Hilary

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 129,000 miles on it in September 2008 and it lasted me barely 2 years and died at 165,000 miles. Since i had purchased the car i had put well over $3,000 dollars fixing things. The engine was horrible and always had something wrong. Recently my car stopped i brought it in to the shop and yet again another engine problem that would cost another 4,000 to fix. That's when i said bye to that stupid car.

I hated this car it was one thing after another breaking down.

Just don't buy it, it will take all the money you have!