Used 2005 Saturn ION Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Saturn ION

View reviews for a specific ION model:

VERY UNHAPPY
By dawn414

2005 Saturn ION 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been nothing but a headache since i bought it. It only has 40,000 miles on it, I had to replace the censor module twice, the front bushings, and the spark plugs already.
It still squeeks, and the engine light always comes on.. Even with all new plugs and wires, dont know what else to do with it.. I will never buy another GM car in my lifetime, or any of my relitives.I have tried calling saturn company, and i have taken the car to the binghamton saturn dealer, and they can not fix it.. so much for customer satification.

better customer service when someone calls for help.

Unhappy
By unhappy

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Loved the look of the car when I bought it however once it started getting cold the car wouldn't start, had to try it then wait ten min. Then it would start. Recently the clutch went out after only 65,000. Unbelievable

love the dash, and power capabilities

get the ignition fixed. and no clutch should go out that soon

Good Bang For The Buck
By Courtney

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car with 130,000 on it. It now has 150,000 and no problems at all. I was not fond of this car at all but after driving it for a year it really grew on me. granted it's no jewel but 20 bucks to fill the tank, 20 bucks for an oil change and virtually maintenance free, how could you complain? The fact that the car is basically dent proof is another plus, i was in two accidents with this car and there is literally not a scratch on it. it's slow compared to other cars but gives you NO problems. Although i am getting a new car i must say that i will miss this car and hope that i have as much good luck with my ion as i do my altima. Might not be the best but you wont regret it. honestly.

no maintenance, easy to maintain, cheap upkeep and I felt safe in it.

Better interior - one little water spill would ruin your seat. More power, but its an 05' so i guess that explains it

Saturn ion base model
By Cat

2005 Saturn ION 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is first car I bought to get credit rating. I love this car! Manual transmission. 40/gal. Never got less no matter what I carry! Son got 35/gal. Aggressive driver! Love this car! I also like where the dash is. Lights are good there. Don't bother night vision.

Small annoying problems
By Mislead

2005 Saturn ION 3 4dr Quad Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car in 2006 as my first car. Was very reliable for the first few years, then stopped. Key cylinder has had to replaced once and soon will have to be replaced again. Car has leaked in the rain which destroyed my phone. Other than that, it has not been too bad. But it is really annoying having to spend fifteen minutes to remove your car key. Once it would not even turn off.

Suicide doors for easy access to the back seats.

Better build quality, a true sports coupe instead of a bunch of compromises. All sort of irrelevant now.