Used 2009 Saturn Aura Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Saturn Aura

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

Get New Tranny while you have a Warranty
By Karyn

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine in March 2010, 41K miles on it and knew it had a problem with the Tranny, then I saw the reviews on here and was sure of it, so in order to buy the car I had the dealer replace the tranny and it now runs great. Still has Road noise from the tires and the brakes were squeaking, but if I keep the air pressure at 34 it seems to be ok. I get 24 mpg average! Dealer sold car with 2 sets of tires instead of 4 matching which is probably why I get so much noise and weird tire rotation sounds. I'll get new brakes and tires soon! Love the looks I get from other drivers around me, nice looking car, hope it lasts!

Interior Design, steering wheel controls come in handy. Heated Seats in winter was great!

better tranny, match all tires and lower air pressure to 34, better manual on how to drive the dual tranny to avoid problems with it wearing out!

Love it!
By Lawstudent09

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have only owned this car (used) for a little over a month, but I love it! I have had NO problems with it at all. I went from having a Saturn L100 to this car, If GM wasn't scrapping Saturn I would buy another one. I love the design, the inside is awesome. I have plenty of room as the driver and so do my children in the back seat. This car is WORTH the money! I get great gas mileage, and the engine is amazing, very quite. Very smooth ride The safety ratings make it even better.

buttons on steering wheel, radio volume control, nice, quite and smooth ride

Astounding
By Mr Bruce

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Wow, do I like this car. Great freeway cruiser, has almost identical dimensions to our Accord but 4 in longer wheelbase, which translates: smooth ride. Built on same platform as Saab 9-3. 6 speed trans works great, very responsive to shift down for speeding up or going up hills. Engine turns only 2k RPM at 70mph. Paddle shifters are handy at times but rarely use. Is eager to shift to overdrive for max fuel economy. If you can drive the speed limit, you can get 34 mpg highway. Very quiet, feels like a heavy, solid car but gets sporty when you throw it around. Nicely laid out interior is elegant and comfortable. I'm 6-3 and have lots of room. So sad these are the last of a great model.

Base model is loaded. 4 wheel disc brakes are strong and smooth. Beautiful,not trendy exterior styling. Satellite radio;I love the old time radio shows. Nice to have a USA made car. Comfortable for long trips. Wheels look like alloys without the maintenance. Instrument cluster well designed and lit.

Do not care for daytime running lights. Center armrest could use more friction to reduce fore/aft motion.

GM
By NOT HAPPY

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have to admit I love my Saturn it is BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE...I have had problems with it thought..can't complain because I bought it USED..But when it came to getting if fixed at a GM dealership GOOD LUCK!!! I have called & So has SATURN CUST. Support every GM dealership within 100miles and Not a one will work on my car..I was told that GM dealerships have to work on your car!! NOT TRUE it is up to the General Manager of the store. So Make sure you live close to a Saturn Dealership...if not you will not be able to get if fixed at a GM dealership. I have not had very good luck with any vehicals I have owned so maybe it is my fault for not choosing the right one. I just want everyone to beware!!

The Outside.

Inside Needes A Little Update

Best Car in it's Class
By Pat

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have driven the Aura XR for a year and 15k mi. It still performs like the day I bought it. It is an exceptional value when you compare it to Camry, Accord etc. The Fusion and Malibu are the closest but both cost more. I consistently get 30mpg in mixed driving. I have driven several 6sp/4cyl combo's and the GM one is by far the best out there in shifting, power and mpg so I am not sure I would trust those other remarks on here. If you want a great performing sedan with class leading safety, mpg and feature set that is fun to drive, looks classy and is whisper quiet then the Aura is for your. Under $20k with Leather, heated seats, XM, bluetooth, onstar and 100k warranty!

XM, Bluetooth, Onstar, MPG, ride