Used 2009 Saturn Aura Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Saturn Aura

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

100K and still perfect
By aobg

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought new in July 2009 - just turned 100K
Have only replaced tires, wipers and rear shocks (dirt roads and potholes - yuck),
oil & filter changes - everything else original including brakes. Avg @ 28 mpg summer, 26 winter.
Maintenance at Buick/Cadillac dealer has been great!
This is simply an extremely reliable car, with a great ride and handling, very quiet, good performance, comfortable, roomy and did I say reliable?

Still looks new inside and out

Rides far quieter than my friends Acura.
I like it so much I am trying to find one for my daughter for a college graduation present.

The features that came standard - tilt and telescoping steering wheel, 6 spd, paddle shifters, traction/stability control, am/fm/xm/cd/aux in, OnStar pwr seat, keyless, six airbags are great. I bought the base model SE, with absolutely no options I drive a lot, and really appreciate the XM radio on long drives. The fuel economy is great - long trips at 75-80 mph I average @ 32mpg (rated at 33 hwy). My normal commuting/local business trips in city/suburban traffic fuel economy as noted above is pretty good too

In retrospect, I wish I had sprung for a couple options - heated mirrors, auto dim mirror with compass, but other than that - I bought a nicely equipped midsize for the price of a compact

please don't waste your money on this car
By judyann1

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Please choose another vehicle, I gave my son my 2002 BMW for college graduation and purchased this car 3 months ago, What a mistake. The ESC traction lights keeps popping on and no one seems to know why. The dealerships are out to get your money, they say, let me do this, put this on, reset this, its a waste of your money. They don't know, but they gladly will take your money. I hate like hell I wasted my money on this piece of junk. GM ought to be ashamed of themselves putting this junk together. I'm going to trade it in and take whatever I can get for it. I will take the loss, but you can bet for sure, I won't be buying another GM product. I should have kept what I had. SAD

none, folks don't waste your money, just check on line for the many problems people are having with this car and the malibu, how I wish I had.

stop promoting these cars as if they are so great, and you know you can't even fix them.

Beware: Transmission problems
By hatetheaura

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I will never buy a GM product again. My Aura only has 72,000 miles and the transmission has already broke. Trying to deal with GM is a joke. Everything from the dealership (Daniels Long Chevrolet) to customer service. Our warranty expired one month ago but am still 27,000 miles under the 100,000 mile mark and of course GM does not want to do anything about it. My car has been in the shop for over 5 days and I am constantly being told I have to pay more for diagnostics. How many error codes need to pop up for GM to admit they made lemon of a car. All GM cares about is getting you in the door, once you are there customer service is no longer cares.

none

everything

3 Years and Still Satisfied Actual 22 to 38 mpg.
By alero02

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Our 2009 Saturn Aura XR 2.4L 6 speed now has 31,000 miles and we still love it. It still compares well with it's sleek exterior to newer models from Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, Nissan and Kia.
The interior is very up scale with leather seats and contrasting trim, plus there are luxury items you might expect only on pricier cars. From the 6 CD XM radio that plays regular CDs or mp3 with song titles and other info, to the dual front power seats the car is comfortable, sporty, and up scale.

We also have had excellent follow up service from out local Chevrolet/Cadillac/Buick dealership for all regular maintenance and even a warranty replacement recently on the driver side door arm rest.

Sleek up scale exterior and interior. Great gas mileage at 22 to 24 (summer/winter) city and 33 to 38 actual mpg on longer highway trips. 2.4L has plenty of power even on the highway for passing. Not a hot rod, but no slouch either. Reliability has been great with no repairs other than maintenance in 31,000 miles and 3+ years. Daily driver for wife and also used for trips form Wisconsin to Florida, out East, and routine urban freeway to cities 70 to 80 miles away. Firestone FR710 tires are still good, but will probably replace this Fall for safe winter driving. (est. 39,000 miles then).

In winter when the tires and suspension is stiffer, road noise from cracks and bumps in the pavement is transmitted inside the cabin. I have found this to be true of most "unibody" frameless cars we've had from Toyota, Nissan, Izuzu, Subaru, other GM (Chevy Citation, Lumina and Ford Taurus) and some others. Only my 1993 Pontiac Bonneville was quiet with little or no "road thump" from tires. The Saturn Aura rides more quiet in Summer when tires and suspension are more pliable.

Great Car
By Michael

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Saturn for over 2 years and its been great. The ride is smooth and it gets good gas mileage for a v 6 @25 a gallon. Love the bluetooth and XM as well as the onstar directions so much car for such a great price to bad Saturn is no more another bad move by GM.