Used 2008 Saturn Aura Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Saturn Aura

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

Outstanding car, fun to drive
By ebporte1000

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with my recently purchased, 2008 Saturn Aura. It has a great engine, state of the art six speed transmission, and is a joy to drive. We use the remote start, heated seats, and excellent radio to enhance our car driving experience. Although I spent a lot of time at many card dealers, the quality of this car lives up to all of our expectations for a new car.

The six speed transmission with the proven 252hp, 3.6L, 24-valve, DOHC, V6 engine. The heated leather seats are very comfortable and are looking forward to using the moon roof during the summer months.

I would have liked to have an option to install an ultrasonic rear parking assistance.

GM Still The Best (Value & All Else)
By Charlie

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this baby (black with black & gray leather) at an incredible price. I am a GMS customer, and I got$5K rebate and some GM loyalty. But what a car at any price. Quiet and smooth. Love the tap shifting, and it can scoot. Parked next to an $60K Audi S6, also black, and my Saturn got more attention and alot more walk arounds. But what I really like the most is the window sticker that says "Built in Kansas City with 98% USA components". The 3.6 V6 is manufactured at the Tonawanda NY engine plant, that GM spent $400 million renovating in 2000, with good high paying engineering & manufacturing jobs. My first 300 mile trip averaged 30.8 mpg at about 65mph.

V6 engine, tap shifting, quiet ride, good looks, 18" wheels

Back seat needs a center armrest pulldown.

A good one
By ARC

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The 2008 Aura XE V-6 is fun to drive and so far has been more than expected. We leased the XE with heated leather seats, boy they work great. We've been asked twice so far how much we like the vehicle and remarks were: very sharp exterior and very sleek.

Heated seats, sun roof and V-6 engine

Placement of adjusting the outside mirrors is difficult.

2008 Saturn Aura XR 3.6
By Adam

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After spending 8 years in Volkswagens, I decided to trade my 2005 Passat for the Aura. Overall, I'm impressed with the Aura. Saturn sure has come a long way. Good power (although a little slow to react when you punch it). Little things I notice like some cheap plastics, and poorly fitting panels in the Aura. Especially the door panels, and door sills, which get scuffed very easily. Shouldn't have that at this price point. Seating is not as comfy as the Passat. I'm a taller guy, and trying to get a comfortable driving position has been a challenge. Curious to see what long road trips will be like. If I could have the VW seats in the Aura, it would be perfect.

V6 power, overall interior layout, 18" wheels, ambient lighting, dual exhaust, remote start, OnStar, XM radio

Better quality interior plastics, rear seat armrest. Express up/down passenger window, memory seats, more supportive, comfortable front seats. A pillars are too huge!

My First New Car
By Yataiva Harris

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Saturn for almost a year now and I love it!! I get very good gas mileage in the city and on the highway. I have gotten many compliments from coworkers and from people on the street about the new look of Saturn. The experience I have had as an owner has been nothing less than superb! I have scheduled appointments for regular maintenance with various dealerships and everyone has been friendly. The only issue I have had thus far is a remote that worked at its own convenience. At the dealership, the service representative was friendly and swapped my remote while my oil was being changed. I would truly say that this car is a very good buy.

The look of the car inside and out.

None at this time.