Used 2007 Saturn Aura Consumer Reviews - 230 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn Aura

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

After 65,000 Miles
By aura0709

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

OK so I've had this car for little over 2 years and have driven the heck out of it. I've had my share of minor fixes with the car...computer issues, remote keys not working, airbag lights coming on...etc. But I will say that over all this car has been very reliable and a great car.

Turning radius and alignment

2007 Saturn Aura TONS OF MILES
By Playtowin

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it used with 25,000 and I'm now at 65,000. I live in upstate NY and drive 60+ miles a day so the milage is adding up quick. I'm getting 30+ GPM on the highway which is great since that's most of my driving. I had "ok" tires" on it for winter and it still did great! I've plowed over 16"+ of snow and keeps going. I've hit a deer with it already and had it fixed. Turned front rotors once but that's from slamming on the brakes to avoid the deer LOL. My big thing was V6 with power and still GREAT gas milage! I've had enough of 4 bangers with no power. I'm sure this car will last 200,000 miles maybe more. WE'LL SEE!

Motor has power with great gas milage. I will drive it into the ground and get every penny out of it!

The bad! Very crappy seat material. If you spill anything on it stains cause you can't clean it or the mtl frays and looks worse! Plus I have 4 kids. Don't look at my back seat! It has a "pop" in the steering column that's very annoying. GM quality issue, I'm not the 1st on this issue.

My first brand new car
By DocA

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall love this car. Did alot of research and test drives of various cars before deciding this was my dream car. Sometimes I have nightmares. I'll be taking it in for the 8th time for the service traction control light coming on. The dealer has tried something different each time including have the roving Saturn Enginer come out & determine that the header was put on wrong and needed to be rebuilt. That took car of the problem for about 5 months and now it's back. Very fustrations

Telescoping pedals I'm 5'2". Heated seats and the power when I need to accelerate.

Quality control at the factory. Some drivers never have any problems and then there's some who live in my world.

I love my Saturn except
By Darnice Johnson

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Saturn 3 years ago and still love it. My Saturn is the fully loaded XR Bronze XR model and I have been stopped by strangers admiring the style of this vehicle. I've kept the mileage low and average 20 mpg city driving. Only complaint is recently the ESC service light activates at the slightest stop which causes the brake lights to stay on. Took it in for servicing which lasted less than a month and it is coming on again. I am hoping that this will not be a on going problem.

The handling of this vehicle is fantastic

Rear arm rest

This Is My 4th Saturn...
By Robert

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car has a nice road presence, fun to drive... I wish that my 1st ('92 SC2) had the power of this 3.6L! The Formula-1 paddle shifters are nice when in a 'sporty' mood; I believe this is the same 6-speed transmission used in some BMW's (for those who didn't know- BMW does get 1 of it's 3 trans. models from GM). The Goodyear Eagle LS-2 tires (OEM) handle well enough. Once accustomed to the Understeer (all FWD's have it, RWD's have Oversteer), winding roads are fun, too. Bred from GM's German Car Group (Opel), it's a nice follow-up to the L300. Saturn Service Depts. treat me like a king. I've owned Fords, Chevys, 1 Dodge, 1 VW... I've been driving for over 30 yrs.

Drivetrain & Nice Leather Interior w/Ambience Lighting are some of my fav. features, not to mention the 6- disc CD/MP3 sound system (I don't use the Satellite Radio that came with the car).

I would suggest to the folks at Saturn to increase the caster angle, and add dynamic steering to the vehicle. (I'm quite pleased with this car, and can't think of any improvements). I'd buy another one, in a heartbeat, when this one is ready for the boneyard.