Used 2008 Saturn Astra Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Saturn Astra

View reviews for a specific Astra model:

Wonderful little car
By happyAstra08

2008 Saturn Astra XE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Astra for 2 years now. It has always been a pleasure to drive. In SF it fits in all the small spaces, yet holds a ton of stuff. If GM can build cars like these in the states I will definitely look at them when I am choosing my next car ( I have had hondas and mazdas for the last 20 years) so good job on the Astra! A few minor quirks that were repaired at the dealer when I got the car was the only reason it did not get a 10 on reliability.

Fun to drive and what a sun roof! It is also really fun to look at (I get lots of compliments on it when people see it).

better cup holders and ipod jack. Completely fold down back seats. Although more engine choices would have been nice this one is peppy, responsive on the hills and nice on the fuel efficiency.

36,000 Miles In
By Tom

2008 Saturn Astra XE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second review. I've had the car for 2 yrs and 36,000 miles. While I still like it, I'm looking to get rid of it now. Still have the same interior rattles plus some new ones. Had to have the driver's seat cover replaced, never had one of those wear out before. AC is now "pulsing" but after my lousy experience with the local Chevy dealer as an "Authorized Saturn Service Center" I'm afraid to bring it in for service. My mileage has gone down, I think it's because there is ethanol in the fuel, but 25 mpg on the highway, I might as well drive an SUV.

All the luxury features that didn't cost extra.

Screen the "Authorized Saturn Service Centers" better.

Hidden Gem
By San Costantino

2008 Saturn Astra XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

There is no accounting for taste. The American public really missed out not making the Astra a huge hit. This car handles like a sports car and is built like a high end European luxury car. The car exudes quality throughout. Knock on wood for over tow years it has been trouble free. It looks better than anything it competes against. Too bad we can not get the 2011 model, I would go out and acquire one tomorrow. This is one great car that is going to be a rare classic in the future.

Needs
By astra

2008 Saturn Astra XR 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This could have been a nice car, but like so many other small cars it's a DOG with NO option to get much needed HP and Torque. Just sold mine because I just cannot deal with the lack of power any longer.

That I sold it this week

Don't pass one up if you get the chance
By dolorean36

2008 Saturn Astra XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Astra XR 5dr has been great. So much fun to drive through the twisties. Fits all kinds of stuff, with or without kids. I drive it constantly for work and the A/C never quits, I consistantly get 30 mpg city and highway, drives well in snow and ice, and is very comfortably over vast distances. Its incredibly easy to change the oil and to change the spark plugs. The big sunroof works effortlessly.

Love the sunroof, the short throw 5spd shifter, the easy clutch, the spot on steering, the effortless manueverability, the gas mileage (burps at 10 gals at fillup, goes 310 miles), stereo is topshelf in sound, solid build quality, interior very nicely appointed especially if you get leather.

Problems have been few. The paint aint the best especially around the rear bumper. I've had a TPMS sensor problem that GM hasn't been able to figure out. Took me reading the owners manual to figure out cruise control. Stereo is awesome but no MP3 jack. Only one pwr jack. Cup holder not for americans