1994 Saab 9000 Consumer Review: Wonderful Car

1994 Saab 9000 - Consumer Review

CSE 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Wonderful Car
By Kyle on

1994 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

We purchased this 14 year old car to replace a 1986 VW Golf diesel. The car had over 200,000 miles on it and needed a new head-gasket which we replaced 40,000 miles later. All in all this has been one of the best cars I've ever driven. The 2.3 L Turbo is a fast engine and has more than enough power for a college student, and surprisingly the power doesn't sacrifice efficiency. After a 12 hour drive to NY and back I got about 32 MPG which for a car that size with 3 people and a good bit of stuff loaded is amazing. It is an older car and has needed repairs that included, a new clutch, brakes, shocks, head-gasket, and serpentine belt. I'm hoping to take it over 300,000 miles.

The 2.3 L Turbo hands down. I've never had the pedal all the way to the floor but this car files and with reasonable efficiency too. The way the entertainment center is sculpted around the driver is nice.

It would be nice if the car could accommodate taller people a little better. I'm 6'3" and have the chair all the way back and often times find that my head is hitting the ceiling. The only other annoying thing is that repairs are expensive but its a European car so what are you going to do.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review