Used 2007 Saab 9-7X Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-7X model:

"Garage Queen"
By lycklig

2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned, and loved, 3 previous SAABs, but this one is a major disappointment. I purchased this so that the tall men in my life would no longer have to leave their knees at home when we go on a trip. The space is great and comfy, DVD and multi-CD players are sweet, and the on-board air-compressor is a great asset. BUT, it is sluggish when going uphill (diesel-pushers cruise past us), has had multiple major issues, and spends more time in the dealership garage than on the road with me. Gas mileage is about the same as my Suburban. This 9-7X has cost me so much time and money. I can hardly wait to trade it in!

Liked it enough to get another 4 wife
By SS

2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Many have already said that the 9-7x is a great value. I agree, an undervalued SUV that delivers a great driving experience. And for you who think it is just a re-badged Trailblazer, you have to drive one to experience the difference. Tighter suspension, smoother ride, much quieter. Yes, I bought a 2008 a year after getting mine.

Style, ride, heated seats, Fit and Finish, reliability.

Cup holders are sub-standard. Service at the local Saab dealer has been infuriating, I prefer to drive 40 miles to another dealer who proves to be more competent.

Minor issues but love it!
By Carl Sanders

2007 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

When I first bought the truck I had to replace all of the brakes and rotors as they had rusted out from being driven in the north with all of the salt they put out for the snow. I also had to replace the factory tires at 30,000 miles but other than those minor maintenance issues it has been a great vehicle. People are always impressed by the way it looks and say they never knew Saab made an SUV. I like that it is a unique model and I never see anyone else driving my truck. I would probably not recommend it to anyone though because of the horrible gas mileage as they can probably find something that looks just as good but with better gas mileage.

19' factory chrome rims Standard DVD entertainment system Acceleration

Gas mileage is horrible! 15mpg at best even on highway More cup holders Add a third row seat for the next Saab SUV

GREAT so far!
By Ray

2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car almost a year ago used at a great deal. I love it! It has all the luxury one could want, heated seats, navi, dvd, sunroof etc... It handles nicely and so far (with 41,000 miles) I have had no issues at all.

Heated seats, dvd, navi

Back up camera, better gas mileage (though it's not THAT bad), and more room for storage and drinks in the front.....there is NOWHERE to put anything!!!

What a dream!
By Scott

2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Saab SUV is incredibly comfortable, sporty, and fun to drive, and I find myself looking forward to using it everyday. The GM SUV platform may actually give this car greater reliability over its Swedish born sedan cousins, but I suppose time will tell. Furthermore, I really enjoy having an unusual SUV, one that you don't see everyday. My summary impression of this Saab is that it is underrated and represents a terrific bargain in the used car market.

The plush, luxurious seating and that terrific above the road feeling. I feel completely at home in this SUV.

Well, the gas mileage is not so good.