Used 2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Great Gas Mileage
By rocky67

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just purchased a 2008 Saab 9.3 2.0T. The car gets very good gas mileage.Overall, it gets 26 mpg mostly city driving. (Lots of stop/go red lights etc., speeds less than 45 mph). Straight all highway/no city you see over 33-34 mpg. Very good job Saab. My friends who have Mercedes Benz and BMW do not see good gas mileage like I do. Because most of the engines in the high-end German Luxury cars are close to 3L or 6 cylinders. My Saab has plenty of pick-up due to the turbo.

Gas mileage

Mild hybrid or auto-stop feature would be helpful. Engine shut down when car comes to a stop.

Best Value on the Road
By pmgreene

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. Saab has greatly improved the ride and build quality of the car. I have owned Saab's in the past, and this one much smoother over the rough roads here in New England. Many fewer rattles and overall a much more refined experience. The best thing about this car is the balance of fuel economy and performance. I do a lot of highway driving, but I average 30 mpg. I don't understand the EPA ratings. I had a Lexus IS with the same EPA rating and never got better than 25 mpg in that. I am very happy with the Saab and highly recommend this car to anyone shopping in this segment.

Fuel economy, acceleration, smooth and quiet ride.

Bluetooth, but they added that to the 2009's. I bought a 2008 which unfortunately does not have that. I also don't like the hard to clean 12 spoke wheels. They should just use the 5 spokes on all the cars. They look great on the Aero.

Very impressed
By me0101

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my Saab 9-3 for a year now and have about 10,000 miles on the odometer. This is my first Saab, and I primarily bought it for the incredible mix of performance, fuel economy, comfort/utility, and handling. I am 100% satisfied with the choice and have had zero problems with the car. I would buy again w/o hesitation. I hope Saab is around for a very long time.

Too many to list. It just feels like a perfect fit. Very comfortable, but definitely a sports sedan when it comes to handling (I'm not sure this car has the ability to slip... taken corners at fast pace on wet roads and it feels like it's attached to the road).

None.

Never Follow!!!
By Will

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great vehicle, no question about it! I had a BMW 535i over the weekend which the dealership let me test drive, because of my excellent credit. However, at 35 years of age, I felt like 45 or older in it and besides, the place where I live already looks like a BMW dealership, because just about everyone owns one! So, I took it back and started looking for a car that was just as good, but rarer, unique and with its own agenda. That is what SAAB is, and that is what the 9-3 Aero is more than any of their other vehicles! This car is absolutely unique and once you actually see one in detail, you will realize just how different they are. Never follow! This car really stands out!

The overall design! Since this is the closest any 4 door sedan will get to be as sporty as a sedan can ever get! The center console ignition, lighted eyebrows on the front, cooler glove compartment, its simple, clean and elegant, yet sporty interior! And of course, its very unique build and name!

I do not like the way the trunk just slams shut hard! It literally falls shut with very little effort, making it sound and look like a cheap car! Bluetooth!!! My God, no Bluetooth capabilities, at least on the 2008 model, to pair your phone with! Maybe just a little bit of a firmer ride.

Good Car, Needs Improvement
By WI Saab Owner

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is our second Saab 9-3. It's a great car all around, stylish and a great price. Handles great in the snow, and the standard heated seats are lifesavers in the winter. The gas mileage is the biggest problem - we do mainly city driving and are getting between 15-16 mpg on regular. This was a change from our 2003 Saab that was a manual. I've also had it in the shop twice already for windshield wiper problems.

Heated seats, the manual function built into the automatic transmission, very comfortable seats and overall safety features.

Gas mileage! Very disappointed. Drive can be somewhat loud as well.