Used 2007 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saab 9-3

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

I'm in love
By odie6789

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought my first Saab, and I can't believe what I was missing! This machine just cruises. I keep jackets in the trunk so I can keep the top down, even when it gets cool out. After about 3 weeks though, I brought it back to the dealer and had him reprogram the computer to defeat the daytime running lights (betcha didn't know they could do that, huh?). Now, off means off and on means on when the vehicle is on. I was even brave enough to put a Bubba cup in the dash cup holder. One gripe, I am having issues with the car reporting bulb failures that aren't there. Multiple trips to the dealer has not fixed this problem yet.

Pretty much everything between the front bumper and back bumper, this is one fun car.

That sliding center armrest is too loose and slides on its own. Seemingly possessed air system that seems to want to do its own thing (air sets to defrost on cold mornings and I cannot turn it off). Maybe Europeans like the car to make all the decisions, but I like actually being in control.

Not Just Another Beemer
By TopDownDriver

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero 2dr Convertible (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the one to have... the 2WD Aero Convertible. People often give this car a double take, but instead of looking at you like you're a snob, they smile. Saab makes one of the safest convertibles on the road. The Aero front seats are upgraded and really comfortable. The back seats are surprisingly deep, be sure to actually sit back there. I like the power the turbo Aero has available, but still get close to 30 mpg on the highway. If I keep my foot out of it. The car is a cross between cool and charming, and it's different. Mine's been reliable. It's a front- driver, so a Beemer will handle better on a racetrack, but I prefer front drive stability in the real world's rain or snow.

Top goes up and down while driving (slowly, up to 25mph) into or out of your driveway, a parking lot, etc. This is handier than you think. By the way, the convertible top is multiple layers and is fine in the winter or summer. The cabin stays comfy with the top up in all weather.

Looks better in some color combos than others... look at several. An unusual but cool combo is metallic brown paint with a creamy tan soft top. The Aero has extra bodywork/skirts. The front bumper is high enough to clear all standard curbs, but you learn to be careful pulling up to a tall one!

Great car, flawed by mixed reliability
By GF

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car to drive, and enjoy. Good size, performance and fun to drive. Unfortunately while it did not cost anything to fix as it is still under warranty, this car went into the dealer about 4 or 5 times over the 2 years for problems related to engine not starting or quitting unexpectedly. I had Saab's before with better luck, so maybe this was not typical.

Saab elements of style. Good value overall for base 2.0T model, relatively less common on roads. Very nice interior design and colors/textures. Quick and sporty to drive. Great Seats. Good base stereo. Excellent trunk space.

Need more sound insulation from road/tire noise. Sliding armrest is annoying.

Love it - great performance and value
By Steve

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 6th SAAB. Looked serious at Audi A-3, but came back to SAAB because of value for $$. Bought new, now at 42K. Sport-combi, 2L turbo, 6 sp. manual, 17" wheels. Loaded except heated seats. 34mpg hwy! 3 small problems so far; seat memory does not work (after dealer replaced the entire seat memory module, it still won't hold a setting - I give up), drivers anti-pinch windows needed re-calibration, some front end noise at around 20K (doesn't seem to affect performance). I like that I can do my own basic maintenance. Snow tires in the winter and it drives to the ski area on powder days safely and with confidence. The rain sensing wipers don't work great; prefer adjustable intermittent.

Love the turbo power & 6 speed manual trans. 34 mpg, handling with 17" wheels, premium stereo, styling, cargo space, parking assistance and quick side mirror setting. Love the quick roof rack connections, easily installing it on weekends and removing for better mpg on commute weekly with 4 screws.

Either remove headlight switch or make it operable - daytime running lights are stupid. Rear carpet inserts don't stay in place. Remote unlock all doors at once. An improvement to the whole SAAB experience would be good service. Now that warranty has expired, I'll never service at the dealer.

Saab 9-3turbo, 60th anniversary edition
By waltzsaab

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

An absolute joy to drive. Comfortable, quiet, and accelerates like a rocket! I Bought this car new and have driven it for two years and 25000 miles. It has been one of my best overall vehicle purchases considering my 50 years of driving experience. I am large, 6'3 and can actually stretch out in the front seats whether driving or riding as passenger. Fold down rear seats offer great storage capacity to the trunk. Lots of interior room-considering that this is a smaller vehicle. Warranty service has been great. Original battery died and one of the fog driving lamps went out, but both were replaced under warranty. (Florida heat takes its toll on auto parts).

Everything about this car is positive. The upgraded leather seats, sound system, 60th anniversary package all contribute to a wonderful driving experience. Fuel economy is great. Fuel range is about 600 miles/tank on highway. 35mpg. City averages 24mpg.

The only improvement I can suggest is a redesign of the AM radio antenna. My reception is less than perfect. I reported this to the technicians, but they claim that all is normal. FM and satellite are excellent.