Used 2007 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saab 9-3

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Sometimes I don't get Edmunds
By racebannon1

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Listed con in Edmunds review: Suspension should be stiffer on Aero models, ride can be choppy over bumps...

So you want a stiffer suspension so that you can complain about the ride being choppy over bumps?
Okay, got it.

My review:
I've owned this car for a few years & feel if ever there was a time to write a review it's now. If I have but one complaint it is that the interior, while is nice overall, has components of it that just feel cheap.
Acceleration, gas mileage & the quality of this vehicle make it a steal as a used car.
Cargo room is awesome and the ease to fold down the rear seats is super handy.

210 HP Turbo. Ease of steering. The front seats are very comfortable and I've been told the back seats are comfortable as well. Fuel economy, it's very nice to see an average of 30 mpg at 75+ on the highway and mid 20 mpg in the city.

Improve the window trim on the door, it's cheapish, get rid of the GM feel to the stereo and suddenly this car is all European.

More Than Satisfied
By John L. Bell

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have no reason to tout this vehicle other than to give credit to Saab for building one of the best vehicles I have ever bought. It is a remarkable car in every respect and on a recent trip to MN from my home in FL my computer reflected 33.1 mpg at 2000 rpm. I am totally pleased with this vehicle. It is built like a tank and drives like a Porch, and a fun vehicle to drive, with, or without the top down There is but one item that I just can't like, and that is the standard equipment Radio/AM;FM;CD & Sat. to which I do NOT subscribe. This vehicle was purchased used in AL and was an excellent buy and an outstanding value.Fit and Finish are perfection at it's finest. I am a very happy owner.

Fit and Finish; Gas mileage; Appearance;Quality of leather in seats and tightness of top. This vehicle is total quality, just a superb car.

Improve Radio; too difficult & complex, speaker system (audio) is not the best clarity. CD is clear and sharp? Would I buy another Saab? Absolutely. J.L. Bell (signed) Destin, FL.

V6 Turbo Power
By Pete

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero 2dr Convertible (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My first Saab. I looked at BMW, MB, Audi but purchased the Aero because it was better priced, less "common," and the performance is equivalent (especially with the V6). Excellent dealership service, very few issues over the past 18 months (defective battery shorted), and it turns head in the dark Fusion Blue. Glad to see Saab has been purchased and will continue on!

V6 Turbo- with a computerized tune, this engine can easily/safely produce 320+ HP (which provides exceptional acceleration). Aero seats are extremely comfortable, and very quiet for a convertible.

Only gripe with this car is the inability to control the headlights (GM has a fetish for driving lights, so they have disabled the headlight switch and have instructed dealers not to enable the switch when car is on, all lights are on, no choice)!

Fun to Drive
By Perfect for me

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the 60th Anniversary edition which I preferred for its "fancy trim" package. I find the car to suit me well as it is small, yet seats four fairly comfortably, quick on its feet yet provides a nice MPG and its stylish without being pretentious.

Quick pick up! This car is a lot of fun to drive and my only issue is friends and family stealing the car for a drive. I enjoy the quirks of this import car as well which sets the car apart from the other sport sedans on the road.

Back seat leg room is a bit tight as well and lacks substantial cup holders. Key fab has failed to communicate with my car on several occasions as well as factory tires do not last as long as they should. Radio could use more base and be a bit more user friendly.

Buy with CPO
By dgebler

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a 2007 to get the car at half price w/ 3 years left on CPO warranty. The car has understated sportiness: it handles great for normal driving even if it wouldn't beat another car on a test track. Having the top down is great fun: easy to have conversations with the passenger.It's a car to take pride in and have fun with.

love remote top down feature; memory seats; XM radio

not enough storage room in the car; especially with the convertible (even though the glove box does lock)