Used 2004 Saab 9-3 Linear Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear
By BoB B

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

All in all not a bad car. It just started with the electrical gremlins @ 35K. Had the window regs. replaced many times. The rattles have started too.

Fun turbo to drive, looks great, 30MPG @ 80MPH... cant beat it. The seats are very comfy. Nobody has one.

The audio system stinks and is embarassing! C'mon give us fog lights standard, my 99 had 'em. Should come with 17s, too.

Fun to drive
By Bob

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I LOVE my Saab. Perfect gas mileage, good acceleration (stick shift), great looks. It was everything I wanted in a car.

A Total Disappointment!
By Saabing weekly

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I can't wait to get rid of this car. It has been a nightmare. Let's see... transmission, engine, and computer problems to name a few. Then there's the water leakage, cheap interior materials that break,defiant trunk lid, volume controls that don't work, and seat upholstry that comes off. What about the door locks that open on their own and the incompetent/hostile/indifferent dealer/corporate network? I am so regretful that I purchased this car. I can't believe that it is considered a luxury car. It clearly not in the same quality realm as its European neighbors.

Um, it is distinct. I chose an unusual color that I rarely see. It looks nice parked in the driveway and at the dealership.

It would be nice if it wasn't in the dealership every month. The depreciation is frightening. The interior is loaded with plastic. It should be more sophisticated. Overall, the car needs to be more reliable.

Great Car at Any Price
By Demetri

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I feel sorry for those Saab owners who've had a bad experience with their 9-3. I've owned the car almost two years and have been completely happy with it. The Linear's motor puts out 175hp, but with a low curb weight (for this segment) and the great-shifting 5sp, I can get off the line quick enough for most situations. Great gas mileage (27 mpg mixed), plenty of back seat room for our 3 kids, massive trunk, and Saab's unbeatable safety rating. The important stuff is all standard - traction control, dynamic stability control, brake assist, 8 air bags, etc etc. My wife likes it so much, we're getting her the 9-3 Sport- Combi and ditching our minivan.

Exterior styling, torquey engine, standard performance handling /safety features, functional dash layout, massive trunk, GREAT mileage, exclusivity factor.

Make 17" wheels standard across all trim levels.

Not as bas bad as the reviews suggest
By annonymours

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the 3rd saab I've owned and the first since GM took over. All my Saabs have been good to me as far as reliability goes. I've never had any problems and have only had to replace tires in addition to routine maintenance. My only complaints about my 9-3 is that for the price, it should have more performance/HP and the interior material quality is noticeably inferior to my older 2000 9-5 wagon. Braking and cornering on this car are excellent. Acceleration is not, but it handles well at higher speeds and on the highway. You can probably get more out of a car for the same price, but it won;t look as good. As for the reliability of my saab 9-3, I have no complaints.

Styling. Seat comfort.

More horsepower. Improve interior quality of materials. Time for a new look on the center console...