Looking for a light-duty pickup with clever outside-the-box thinking? The 2017 Ram 1500's unique coil-spring rear suspension gives it a smooth unloaded ride, but it can still tow your trailer like a champ with its stout gasoline V8 or torquey turbodiesel V6. Excellent cargo management options and an attractive interior complete the package. It's a great choice for a do-all truck.
- Smooth-riding suspension provides plenty of comfort
- Excellent trio of engine choices
- Smooth and efficient eight-speed automatic transmission
- Rebel 1500 off-road package offers extra capability
- Cabin is quiet and attractive
- Touchscreen interface is easy to use.
- Maximum tow rating falls just shy of class leaders
- Diesel engine's up-front cost is significant
- Missing some of the latest driver safety aid technologies.