Looking for a half-ton pickup with clever outside-the-box thinking? You'll want to look closely at the 2016 Ram 1500. A unique coil spring rear suspension gives it the smoothest unloaded ride, but it can still tow your trailer like a champ with its stout Hemi gasoline V8 or torquey turbodiesel V6 engine. Don't plan to tow much? We're big fans of the smooth and efficient base gasoline V6, too. Excellent cargo management options and an attractive interior complete the package. Read on to discover more.
- Smooth-riding coil spring rear suspension also enables air-suspension option
- Excellent trio of engine choices
- Smooth and efficient eight-speed automatic transmission
- Rebel 1500 off-road package more than just stickers
- Cabin is quiet and attractive
- Straightforward controls and audio.
- Maximum tow rating falls just shy of class leaders
- Diesel engine's up-front cost not insignificant
- Unique rotary shifter takes getting used to.