Used 2014 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Great Truck
By Chris Burch

2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Resale is not the best from what I have seen and been told by dealers, I am stating this from the actual worth of the truck. Lots of these out there that are used.

Ram 1500 w/ 8-speed transmission - AVOID IT
By MarkInNC

2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I purchased my 2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4, new, in July 2014. I loved the truck for four years until this week. Before I tell you why I don't think you should buy it, I'll tell you why I did buy it. The styling was awesome, the power of the 5.7L Hemi was great, the fit & finish were good. For 160K miles, the only problems I had were a wheel bearing (normal for it to wear out after about 120K miles) and a water pump, which broke after about 140K miles. Everything else was normal maintenance. All work was performed at the dealership. As I approached 100K miles, I asked about servicing the transmission. I wanted to replace the transmission fluid and clean the filters. I was told, "the 8-speed transmission is a sealed unit. You cannot service the transmission." I was shocked, but reassured that it would be ok. Well, it turned out to be a big, $5600 problem for me. At 161K miles, I was told that I needed a brand new transmission. The torque converter was malfunctioning, but you can't replace it separately. You have to replace the entire transmission. As you can see, I drive a lot. For work, I'm just driving from one end of the state to the other, cruise control on. I've towed my boat a grand total of about 50miles of the 161K. No other towing or anything that would put undue strain on the transmission. My last truck was a 2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4. Lasted for 300K miles and I sold it for $11K (yes, you read that right). If you want long-term reliability, get a Tundra.

Truck taken down by electronics
By Brian

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Great truck. Awesome engine, great mileage, great ride, everything is great until the radio goes out. If you have the large radio it controls your trailer brake settings, AC vent selection, radio obviously, hands free, and a few other things. Ram dealer pushed an update to fit some glitches and now the whole think is locked down. "oh some just have problems" is what I've been told. You're kidding me! This whole truck is taken down a few pegs by this little problem. The loaner I have has the same issues and it's a 2019. What gives!?!

Great truck
By Matthew Davis

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Ram has come along way from what it used to be. I’m coming from a 2012 f150 loaded fx4 packedge to a 14 ram big horn. Quality is night and day difference ford had way too many bugs every time there was something going wrong and was all known issues. Traded in the f150 for a used 14 ram big horn and could not be happier with the service and quality of the truck only issue I’ve had is exaust studs break but have been fixed by dealer with no issue under warranty

WAYNZ RAMINATOR