Used 2013 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

5 years still no problem
By darkwinger

2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

made this review because this truck had some negative reviews. I have had my truck when she was just a baby with 3 miles on it I haven't had 1 problem with this truck ever the motor has 50k miles on in and still runs like the day I got it. the interior no on tear everything is perfect. hope this helps someone.

If you don't mind a glitchy electrical system...
By Dave B.

2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

My truck is acutally a SLT Big Horn V8, but that option isn't listed. Truck rides nice, looks awesome, carries a lot and has acceleration out the wahzoo. I read all the reviews on these trucks, saw the problems listed for the 2013's & 2014's on websites (like Car complaints). I have owned Ram in the past and really liked them, so I took a chance on this one. But I bought an extended warranty with it (something I never do). Good thing I did, has already paid for itself. And I'm sure it'll pay for itself again. Had it about 4 months and the center info display (behind the steering wheel), blanked out. It was about 14 degrees out, but as soon as the truck warmed up it came on again. Everyday the temp went below 20, the center display would go out. The radio works fine, that screen didn't go out. But these years are notorious for problems with electrical (mainly the TIPM which controls everything). Both of my front struts were leaking, but that's not bad for a 5yr old truck w/85k miles. Warranty paid to replace them. Warranty also covered the exhaust manifold when it developed a leak. Again, expected on a truck this old. I would buy it again, but def with and extended warranty.

Cam and Lifters should have a recall
By mimi

2013 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

MY 2013 RAM Laramie/Longhorn 1500 hemi 5.7 liter at 137,000 miles and regular oil change/filter etc., come to find out this is a REGULAR BIG ISSUE the Cam and Lifters in this particular engine, this is my second Ram but this one was Mac Daddy with the $$$price$$$ tag to boot, I should not be having these issues with this truck especially when I baby Him, this is NOT the first mechanic that has given me the LOOK when I asked for a second opinion. (mechanic is like)"Mam, this is a problem with these particular engines"...WTH? My hair stands up like a razor back boar, ready for the charge! I am sorry [non-permissible content removed] it was not in my brochure that this was an issue or in my recall list! RAM/DODGE should have a recall and fix this before it becomes a MUCH BIGGER ISSUE with it's consumers. My price tag for this ISSUE will round out to be a MERE $5,000.

Can't get out of its way
By Fred

2013 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The v6 may be ok in town but not for highway use. Even the slightest hill and it loses speed. The cruise control can't keep up with traffic on the highway. This thing needs a turbo. It is one thing to have a truck that can't tow anything and we knew that. We have a real truck for towing (96 2500 Ram) but it should be able to keep its speed up. The seating position is also very low. I am 5'9" and I can't see the front corners. When you back up to a dock by yourself it is pure guess work. Really liked the older trucks where you could see out. Check engine light came on the second day and repeatedly since then. It wasn't a big deal with the dealership and they didn't want to work on it until the warranty expired and then they wanted to fix it. With the way the dealership worked us on this truck and the service department, this will probably be the last dodge or ram for us. We have been driving them since we bought the 96 and have had several different ones.

Great tow vehicle
By Ed

2013 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Great luxury interior. Smooth, quiet ride.