Used 2012 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ram 1500

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Awesome Truck!
By J. L. B.

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The title says it all! The hemi engine is a beast! The truck rides and drives with all of the upper end vehicles I have owned.

Tradesman Quadcab 4WD 4.7L("Semi-Hemi")
By Corey

2012 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

I got the best bang for my buck! I was a Ford guy all the way, but when their prices skyrocketed I had to consider another badge. I shopped around and found the "next gen 4.7" was actually a hemispheric engine with dual spark per cylinder which helps performance and fuel economy. My specific truck came with the Rambox and vinyl "pleather" which is actually plush and very comfortable. The new rear spring suspension provides the most comfortable full-size truck I've owned. My version seats 6 so the entire family fits comfortably without always taking the Expedition EL we own. I couldn't be happier that "Dodge" or "Ram, got it write finally!

2012 new to me
By Ken

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great so far. Better mileage on a trip than expected but actual MPG is exactly as stated unlike Ford and Chevy. Only complaint is that when not loaded down the truck bounced over bumps and needs 300-400 pounds in the bed to ride nice.

2012 Was the Best Year!
By Craig Westmann

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

At 59,000 miles it's too soon to turn in the reliability score cards yet. So far there haven't been any serious issues, except for the sub par Nav system. The truck is as solid as the day it rolled off the show room floor. The paint and interior have held up great. It pulls strong and rides smooth. New tires at 50k miles improved the ride a lot. So did a servicing at 50k miles to change some fluids, filters, and clean up a few things. I drove it across the country from CA to FL and it hauled 600# of gear in the back no problem. Just remember if you get the Hemi you will be buying 89+ octane fuel! I got one, and I love mine.

Best truck I've ever owned.
By Epillon21

2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi used, 45k miles but she looked and ran absolutely mint. 20k miles later she still runs absolutely perfect, the 8 cylinder, 5.7L Hemi is very strong and towing is a breeze. Gas mileage not quite as high as advertised but with Eco mode I can get 20+ mpg highway. Rides smoother than any truck I've owned, quick responsive steering with instruments easy to access and control. Uconnect is a nice feature also for hands free driving. Love my Ram!
UPDATE 4/19/16: Have had some issues lately with my RAM. Two factory recalls related to malfunctioning airbags and steering issue. Shortly after the recall the truck was making a loud rattling noise on acceleration. Turns out all the bolts on the exhaust manifold sheered off, another manufacturer defect but no recall issued as told to me by a Dealership mechanic. Truck still looks new and runs strong but had I known there were so many factory issues I'd have bought a newer year.