Used 2016 Porsche Cayman Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Porsche Cayman Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayman model:

An Excellent Sports Car!
By John

2016 Porsche Cayman GTS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a blast to drive! It looks gorgeous at any angle with beautiful lines and dimensions. The 3.4L engine is powerful and sounds amazing (I would definitely recommend the Sport Exhaust!) all the way to its redline! Handling is second to none with so much grip and the feedback from the steering wheel is perfect. With a low curb weight and a stiff chassis, the Cayman does a wonderful job of carving through winding roads all day long. Braking is superb and constant. While not necessarily the import factor in buying a sports car, the gas mileage is pretty good in my opinion for what the car has to offer. I can get in the low 30's on the highway and average about 24 mpg combined (not far off from other 6 cylinder vehicles I have driven). The interior is well laid out and has plenty of room for occupants (I'm 6'5" and by no means uncomfortable) though egress in and out can take a little getting used to if you are tall, but this is true of most smaller sport cars. Materials are top notch and the level customization is pretty incredible (though it can get pricey quickly). I love this car and see myself driving it for a long time!

Great for what it is
By Scott

2016 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Great handling, very responsive engine, more room than the 911, very close quarters inside but I knew that going in. Some of the climate controls don't work as I'd like; always turning on when the car is started even if it was off when the car was stopped, no way to just use the fan without it trying to match the temperature settings. Nav is less intuitive to use than a Garmin. I'd prefer less technology overall, less complexity. A design issue is that they use gravel on the roads here when there's ice and the brakes are susceptible to gravel getting stuck in them causing a scraping sound and possibly need an expensive fix by the dealer, so I find myself limiting my winter driving. But it's really fun to drive.

2016 Cayman is a real pleaser!
By Ed in Huntsville

2016 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I traded my 2006 Guards Red Cayman S for my new 2016 Agate Gray Cayman, and I am very glad that I did. Both cars were super fun to drive, each for slightly different reasons. Plenty of power, great handling, and superb brakes for having fun on the highways and back roads. The car is agile and accurate, moving perfectly in response to a tight steering ratio, and great road feel transmitted to me while underway. The 2016 has a little more leg room inside for taller drivers. My fuel consumption is not as good as advertised, but that is because when I drive the car I usually am in Sport Mode and maximizing the "fun" that I bought the car for. If there is anything to complain about, it is that I sometimes get carried away with the amount of fun that I am having while running faster than the posted limits! I don't do lots of boring expressway driving, which would greatly improve the average fuel economy.

Aug. 2017: I have now owned this 2016 Cayman for over a year, and I continue to enjoy immensely the car on the road, in all types of weather and traffic conditions.

A sad buy
By Jonathan Byers

2016 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Porsche should cancel the Cayman. The 911 is the only true Porsche coupe.

Adult Go-Cart
By T. West

2016 Porsche Cayman GTS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

My 2016 Cayman GTS is an absolute joy to drive. While not the fastest car on the road, the handling and road feel are exceptional. Truly you are one with the car.