Used 2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayman model:

best looking , performing car I have seen
By Dan Smith

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I selected the 08 because it did NOT have all the electronic crap that they put in today. I want a drivers performance sport car that drives like a formula 1 car. I did not want a computer, phone, gizmo terminal that is to defeat the reason to have a porsche . Running Michelin PS Z tires and the car is stable and smooth all the way to 150.... I can take 55 mph curves at 100 with ease. When manual shifting I wind it to 4800 rpm and shift... and you feel like your on a rocket... in 400 yards your doing 80.... from a standing start. Gas milage, about 19.8-20.5 at speeds of 75-85 Ac is good. What I do like is the simple dash with out the screens and entertainment. Everything easy to run. Gages easy to read, I have a MBZ 250 coupe and the porsche is in the same quality range Dealer service is fantastic and I get new Porsche loaner cars wa every service. With 80,000 miles any worry about engine problems is far from a problem.
Sold the car last month, because I came to the realization that I was overwhelmed by the high performance and speed the Caymen would do... Speed? In a short deserted desert road I put it to the floor....got to 155 before I backed off...it was still climbing. This is a car for the person that is on top of his driving game and skill. The car demands 200% attention like flying an airplane,if you don't have that skill level it can kill you.... This is not a daily commute driver. Its hard core performance stuff. You can keep up with Lamborghini and Ferrari's if that is your wish ( top speed Porsche lists is 212 mph)

After owing the car for a year, I came to the realization that if I kept the car it would very likely kill me. Its a safe car as I mentioned it is like a safe airplane in that it requires a person trained in its operation. You can not just go turn the key and zip off because your going to be unaware of the dangers of operation such a high performance machine and worse the temptation to exceed your ability skill level very, very fast I sold the car recognizing that it is like a motorcycle in that its not IF it is going to hurt you but WHEN. I also discovered that My MBZ 250C, with the same tires, handled just about as well and a lot more comfortably and quietly. It was fun to drive but I quickly became aware of the temptation to exceed safe limits, for me.

Cayman
By Cayman 1

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Easily the most enjoyment I've had driving. Tremendous value as well. Incredibly designed vehicle.

Cayman S Review
By Eddie Urso

watch out for pricing
By MARK URAKAWA

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

A good handling car but its easy to overpay. Dealers overcharge on the car and once you buy the car and want to sell it you notice you really overpaid. IMS problems plague this model, could be running then the IMS bearing explodes and you have a major engine catastrophe. Not like a American car or Japanese car the price would be outrageous a new engine and then you have to junk the car. I suggest getting a 2009 or later version. These cars don’t sell well new and are scarce, overpaying is easy. I would beware, like any German car they are over rated if it is not a S model <span style="mso-spacerun:yes">&nbsp;</span>don’t buy it the performance is lacking in non S models

One of the best
By franklinbrit

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have own the Cayman for four years now was only a year old with 7,000 miles on the clock when I purchased, its does have the PASM/Chron options which I love the sport mode feature, only car I have ever owned that actual makes a difference
to the car performance when you turn it on, I see
several comments on the cars stereo system which is a bit out of date no Bluetooth or iPod/MP3 player as standard, cost me $700.0 for so, so IPod
connections but, the best thing to do is turn off the stereo open the widows and drive it hard through a tunnel “sounds fantastic” true Porsche music.

This car has been great to own no problems what so ever gets used throughout the year and have also used it for look weekend breaks, luggage space is surprisingly good for its size, very simply put a great car to drive and own, fit and finish are prefect apart from a ratter from the tailgate gas shocks especially in cold weather? Would I buy another Porsche “O Yes”.