Used 2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

More than I expected in a SUV
By el415

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

You wonder how they do it, other than you being high off of the ground you hardly notice the weight and size of this car.
No it doesn't have Porsche speed, but it's plenty quick for any base luxury SUV. I had a Discovery 2 and a 540i. It really drives a like the 540i, but not as quick, it's very similar to a 528i or an Audi A6 3.0. As to the Disco, the Cayenne is far more nimbler and much more responsive. It's a European sports sedan that's tall, big, and can go off-road (if that's important to you, check out videos on Youtube).

- Handling for an SUV - "Sports" mode (it feels like the gas pedal grabs onto your foot and pulls it down, it turns into an totally different car! After getting up to a unsafe speed, you look down at the tachometer and you are still only at 3,000 RPM. I can't believe it'll still wants to go!) - Off-road capabilities - The cache - Styling - Seating - The 1st practical Porsche - Lots of standard features

- Fuel economy - Old fashion radio

I'll wait for the Porsche minivan
By justbob

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV GTS Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great car! Just not what I needed it to be, which was something that was more comfortable for a small family. It's not Porsche' fault, I've just changed.

The performance!

Build the Porsche minivan. I'll blow those other soccer dads out of the water.

This Car Rocks!
By '08 Cayenne

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned a BMW M Roadster, 4 Audi's & 3 Porsches including Audi "S4's as well as Carrera CR4's, and I can tell you I love my Cayenne. Heavy and not so fast, but all Porsche. Stock, the suspension feels as refined as any SUV on the planet and better than most cars including my wife's Audi A4. Built like a rock solid as one too, comfortable, luxurious and a good compromise between speed and economy. We just traveled across country as a family (6,000 miles) and we all still love this car. Can you say that!

Suspension

More mpg

Good value
By DM

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been very pleased overall with this car. Best handling SUV out there (after driving all of them). Comfortable for me (I'm 6'5") but not for anyone behind me. Not a real good family car. Just not enough room for any length of time with kids or stuff. But the only Porsche you can take the family of 5 in. Could use more power and the mileage is not great for a V6.

Handling. Sound system is good. Good build quality thus far. Get a lot for your money, all things considered. Comfortable for 4. Sounds great. Sport button is a blast.

More power is needed. Had one recall for a fuel line. Occasionally get an indicator light that the headlights are out of alignment (that eventually goes away). Mileage is 13-14 and 19, pretty much as advertised.

Awesome
By g p

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

The only vehicle I've liked better is the Cayman. I love when I ask the car for power it responds, "Yes, sir! Right away, sir!" and we're gone.

Rear-view camera, satellite radio, upgraded stereo. Olive green/tan interior