Used 2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Porsche Cayenne

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

Cayenne Transmission Problems
By iso

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had my cayenne for over a year now. I am very much upset at my dealer in Manhattan. I had my transmission stuck on 3rd gear when i had 3,000 miles. They towed and fixed it. Then the same thing happened again when i had about 12,000 miles. They towed and repaired again. But then my dealer did not want to give me a loaner, saying they are all reserved for customers coming for an oil change. I was stuck early in the morning had to pick up my son from school, go see customers and fly overseas that day. I had to rent a car to continue my day. Then i had to replace my oxygen sensor. I had my navigation stuck once so did my horn. I am not very happy honestly planning to get out of my lease.

Cayenne
By KAREN

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2008 Cayenne is an impressive vehicle.I like everything about it. I liked it so much I bought a Boxster a couple weeks after the Cayenne purchase. Porsche is a quality automobile, way above the rest. I have owned BMW, Audi and Mercedes, and there is no comparison.

Parking assist is appreciated.

The seat memory could be in a different spot.

Great Car
By Mark

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So far so good. Drove the range rover sport, BMW X5, X6, Audi. Looked around a good bit before settling on the Porsche Cayenne. Decided to get the V6 over the V8 due to gas mileage. Less power for sure but I would rather save money on gas vs. drag racing from stop lights. The car drives very well you find it hard to believe you are sitting in a SUV vs. a 911. Very sporty feel and drive. The V6 has good acceleration especially when the sport mode is engaged. Overall impressive car. Porsche there is no substitute

Sport mode. Satellite radio. Navigation.

The accessory list is too expensive. There are not many standard features. Porsche should incorporate more standard features like automatic headlights.

Great Handling Ride
By dj

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I got my Cayenne base tip with Nav, Bose, Auto Climate, Park Assist, among other options. The climate control is a bit inflexible, but one can learn to modify setting to allow it to be shut off for heating and AC, The park assist sensors for the front are too sensitive or erratic. The Bose speakers are great and a must-have since the standard system is awful. The overall ride is wonderful in handling and braking. We are getting 18-19 mpg for overall driving with about 40% highway. On a recent road trip between northern and southern California Driving 75-80 mph on the highway, we got 20.5mpg. Our car is white and the Cayenne plaque was black and looked cheap so we removed it.

Wow!
By djhyeon

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Never had a Porsche until now. Owned an Acura for 8 years. Looked around for a fun SUV. Tried Highlander, Pilot, Murano, MDX, Infiniti, and then accidentally Cayenne. Wow..What a ride. Cool, full of power, firm, tight..sold on Cayenne..Excellent Sand/Havana Beige interior w/Black outside. Life is short.. Enjoy while you can. Will definitely have tons of fun with this one..

Interior layout, growling noise from engine (a real sport car), instant cooling and warming, heated seats

none yet