Used 2005 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Porsche Cayenne

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

Cayenne S V8 POWAH!
By Sean

2005 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Ok so i bought this car as a Christmas gift to myself and I have loved it since day one! It's fast sporty and fun to drive. I would have bought the turbo but it has really lag. I have taken the Cayenne off road numerous times and it has held up well. I'm very pleased with this car. Fuel economy is poor but it is a V8 and I'm coming from a V6.

Active air suspension, The sound system, Sun roof, The engine ;)

Better fuel economy, bigger sunroof, and nothing else

Great performance, poor reliability
By Gustavo

2005 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This SUV is a dream to drive. The handling is superb and the feeling of comfort and security are incredible. However, I had to: 1. Reprogram the software several times, 2. Replace a solenoid in the transmission (hard painful "clunk" when decelerating), 3. Replace crankshaft because of defective rubber housing, 4. cheap plastic parts in the interior keep braking at minor touch, 5. PCM2 system screen went bad after 60,000 miles. According to the dealer and my mechanic, all of the above problems seem to be common for the 2005 model. I hope that Porsche is listening. Would I buy another Cayenne again? Absolutely yes. The pleasure of driving one far exceeds the pain of repairing it.

High speed handling, cornering and steering, braking, ergonomics of seating.

05 Cayenne S after 47,000 miles
By JB

2005 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I have the 2005 Cayenne S with 19" wheels. The odometer is about to turn 47,000 miles. I love my Cayenne. It has a few quirks that the the 2nd generation cayenne has addressed such as touchy brakes, Super stiff rear suspension. I have had a few service items that the dealer has address. The best part of owning this car is driving this car. It is a fun car to drive period. The car handles and corners great. The engine sounds cool too. It actually drives like a Porsche. I own a 997 2S. If you like to drive, you need the S, GTS or Turbo version. The 6 cylinder is too underpowered for the car's weight.

Since you sit up higher than cars you can see well in traffic and on the highway. The all wheel drive makes the car corner very well for it's size. It sounds cool too.

Most have been addressed in the 08 and 09 2nd generation Cayenne. Rear suspension too stiff, brakes are touch. Front clip needs to be lowered a touch.

Awesome
By bj

2005 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

A perfect car if you can only afford one and a nice addition if you can afford more

safety

3 row seats

Spectacular Cayenne
By PorscheChap

2005 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I really love my Cayenne - after driving this vehicle, all other SUVs should be banned from our roads. How dare people make other lame SUVs and try to seel it alongside the Cayenne. The Cayenne is in one word - fantabulous !!! Porsche has done a spectacular job. Thank you I have just achieved Nirvana with this machine!!

Tight turning circle, aggressive acceleration, suuper handling on corners. Sexy lines - deep growl of engine, auto-fold mirrors. Heated seats, in dash navi screen and in console navi. Plenty of power!!

None!!