Used 2005 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Porsche Cayenne

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

quality not compromised
By markyami

2005 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

the cayenne s is a pleasure for four out of the five senses. The looks exterior is unique to other SUV's with its defined lines and aluminum trim work, and the interior is comfortable with instrumentation placed with the driver in mind. hearing the engine when you step on the gas with the true Porsche sports car sound will bring out the kid in you. the Smell of the quality leather interior continues well into ownership. the feel is the most adrenalin rushing part of the car. Acceleration, handling, stability, and braking is every bit as sport car feel as a corvette, with a seating for five, four wheel drive, and a comfortable ride, you know you bought the best of both worlds.

navigation system, security system, safety features

Heads up display

May be close to Perfect
By Steve

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

This may be the closest to perfect car ever built. It has the acceleration of a sports can, and leaves all but dedicated sports cars in the dust. With all that, it is a great off road vehicle as well. It will travel in all kinds of environments, and you dont have to worry about going off road, something you cant do with a sports car. The interior is very nice, and it has available just about any option you want in a luxury car. So, it is a fast as a sports car, as capable as any off road vehicle, and has all the luxuries of a luxury car, all in one car. There is nothing that comes close in any car without significant compromises in at least one of these categories if you want it all in one.

Acceleration, off road capability, sound system, comfortable ride,handling.

While it would be nice to have better gas mileage, not likely to happen with that size engine. I would not trade off the ride however. Otherwise, it really is near perfect.

7,500 Miles, so far, in My Cayenne Turbo
By Ginger

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

It is faster than my older Porsches, but does not handle as well as a 911. On the other hand, it can cut through esses on ramps better than any vehicles other than the exotics and Porsche sports cars I encounter. The Turbo can be a little explosive, like the old 930s, but the large engine with the 457 ft pounds of torque at 2200 rpm really hides any turbo lag. I wish they would let me use it at a PCA track event.

The passenger side mirror which dips down to see the rear tire when in reverse is a favorite feature. The gadgets are all favorites, there are so many of them, it's hard to learn, for some folks. I listen to music in this Porsche, odd, the rest I listen to the car, the sound system is my last fave

I wish it was a bit more like my 911s and my 356s, it's unfortunately a heavy suv. The body roll could be reduced by a lower low setting and a stiffer sport suspension setting.

Spare tire was a 880$ extra
By D Leonard Wise

2005 Porsche Cayenne AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to Drive Could not believe Porsche forced me to pay extra for a spare wheel and inflatable tire on $55,000 car. They had given me a sales brochure showing two hunting dogs in the rear. The brochure had no date. It listed a spare as standard. They refused to supply one . they claimed spares were not standard on '04 models. The brochure was not dated.

Include spares! Be more customer friendly. Particuarly when selling cars in this price range. I do not think my position is unreasonable.

Porsche SUV Fills Out my Garage
By jminco

2005 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Every year when winter sets in and I put in storage my 911 Carrera 4S I would wish I could find an SUV that would drive similar to my 911 and at last I have. Not to be confused with the performance of a 911 the Cayenne S fills out my seasonal needs better then the 5 other SUV's I have owned, which include (2) Toyota Land Cruisers, Lexus Lx 470, and (2) BMW X5's. The handling and performance are Porsche familiar. I to was an advocate of Porsche not building an SUV until I got one as a loaner during service on my 911, that very next day I purchased one for myself. I would recommend any true Porsche fan to try one on before you judge it on the Porsche Legacy alone.

Love the dash layout, ride is just tight enough to convey it's performance and light enough for long hauls. Also love the low end performace and sound of the engine.

Seats are a little narrow for real long trips. exhuast tips on the S should match the Turbo's the round ou the rear end better. Rear hatch should be opend and lowered via the remote this could be an option but would be a nice feature I would pay for.