Used 2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

The BEST car I have ever owned, bar none!
By Dan Theman

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This car doesit all! From looks, to handling, to performance, to luxury,..., it just does everything perfectly.

Boston Driver
By JORGE DECORRAL

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Only had the car for a week, but so far it's better than I imagined. This will be my one and only car, so I'm planning to drive it in the ice and snow... will review again later on.

I Smile Like a Kid When I Drive My Boxster S
By Chris F.

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I have heard the ultimate test of a car's cool factor is the way kids respond...Well this car catches the eye of every kid I pass. The 2013 Boxster S is a phenomenal car. It is my first Porsche and now I understand what those who own one appreciate. Incredibly fast, excellent handling, superb braking and just plain fun. The comfort is good but not great, definitely not designed for long distances and I would not have this as a daily driver. Safety is excellent, my only ding here is outward visibility. With the top down it is okay but with the top up I almost need a ground guide.

Value I marked down due to maintenance costs and purchase price. The price for a nicely loaded Boxster S is not cheap when you consider it is really a second car. I would not hesitate to buy this car again and again. It is pure fun with the top down driving along Highway 1 or on a twisty mountain road.

Step on the gas, wipe that tear away!
By smerdyakov

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I traded a base Boxster for an S. I made the trade not because I wanted higher performance (although the S is significantly faster) but because I couldn't find a base car with the parking assist and sports chrono options that I wanted. I eventually found the car that I wanted at Porsche of Fayetteville, where I received outstanding assistance from Mr. Robert Lee.
The difference in feel between the base car and the S is remarkable. If one didn't know, one would think that they were entirely different cars instead of two variations on the same theme. This is the 10th Porsche that I have owned, and clearly the best of them all.
I strongly suggest finding a good used car with a warranty. The MSRP on a well-optioned car will easily go into the mid-70's, and a used car will usually be available for much less. I also suggest using the preowned search feature on the Porsche website, which is how I found my car.
Porsche: there is no substitute!
Update after six months: there is still no substitute. I can't think of another sports car, regardless of price, that I would rather own.

Best Sports Car on the Planet!
By ghost1214

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

So I decided I wanted a sports car. looked at the BMW z4, Mercedes SLK and the Porsche Boxster. There is no comparison, it's not even close....Box! I test drove the 911 but it didn't have the same balance as the Box. I ordered mine with the red leather interior, Agate Gray exterior and 6 speed manual. I pull down the street heads are turning. The car is quick. get on the highway with some curves it's all giggles. I have never driven a car that was just so much spiritual fun. corners are a blast. be careful you will catch the car in front and you won't need to slow down because it lives for the curves. No problem you have the best brakes on the planet. "there is no substitute"

The car is beautiful. Too many to List.

None.