Used 2008 Porsche Boxster Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Porsche Boxster Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

Bought a 2008 Base Boxster.....great car! `
By Kent

2008 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The car is a total joy to drive. Being a long time car buff it is one of the nicest cars I have ever owned and I have had many. The Boxster handles very well and you will want to find every curvy road in your area to experience the handling of the car. Comfort is good and even though I am 6'2" I still fit pretty well. The interior is top notch and very easy to use. The exterior is typical Porsche...SEXY. Bought my Boxster used and it only had 14k miles on the odo. Got a great deal and am very happy I made the move to buy it.

Infamous IMS failure.
By Carlissimo

2008 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

These cars are prone to early engine failure. Research them well before you buy one.

Unbeatable value and performance for a used car
By daftab

2008 Porsche Boxster RS 60 Spyder 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a certified pre-owned RS 60 spyder with 30K miles, 2.5 years old, and paid $41K at a dealership (wrnty good to 100K mi or June 2014). The design, performance, fit&finish, and overall driveability are phenomenal. The sport exhaust is absolutely AWESOME!!. I love driving this baby through tunnels with the top down--the sound just stirs the soul! Many you tube videos exist that give nice reviews of the car, but for some reason none really capture the sound all that well. You really have to drive it to hear and feel it adequately. After researching "fun" cars for years, I feel that I couldn't have made a better choice for overall performance and value.

Hands down its the sport exhaust. As one video reviewer put it (I'm paraphrasing): "unlike other buttons, the sport exhaust button knows how to push right back on your buttons..." It really is amazing and wonderful to hear that sound as you get pressed hard into the seat back while the car accelerates like a rocket. 2nd fav feature is value--KBB doesn't list this vehicle, but does list the "limited edition" which is priced below a standard boxster because of the unpopular color. You may get lucky (as I did) and find a dealership that prices this as a LE as opposed to what it truly is.

Even though the car was built the same year as my Honda Accord, the electronics (Nav system, radio) seem light years behind the Honda. There is no bluetooth, the radio doesn't seem to know how to hold onto a signal, and the Nav is not very intuitive (too many menus, no central knob to control multiple functions). The Nav is PCM 2.1--I've heard that the newer Porsche system (3.0 or 3.1?) is much better, but that is obviously not available on this vehicle, which was only offered in 2008.

There is no subsitute
By Slick Shift

2008 Porsche Boxster RS 60 Spyder 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Replacing my aging s2000 was difficult. Buying the RS60 was easy. There was no comparison. Price of admission was high, but the Porsche selectable suspension system coupled with smooth kick in the pants engine power, killer brakes, handling, and selectable exhaust makes an enthusiast dream come though. The car felt like home immediately. Rare and beautiful gray interior and that classic exterior makes my tail wag when the garage door opens. At 6 ft plus plenty of room and comfort. Bose system sounds very good when I am not listening to that beautiful exhaust note. Fit and finish is fantastic and having two trunks is even better. Ride comfort superb. It is a sensational auto that is a blast.

Selectable exhaust and suspension.

Raise the speed limit on the roads when I am out driving and smiling.

Like driving a High Tech Video Game
By James

2008 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This car is so fun to drive. It handles likes its on rails and sounds so good that I'm always turning down the $1000 upgraded Bose stereo down so I can hear the 3.4 growl. I love going anywhere now. Haven't said that in a while. This is my daily driver and with the traffic here in town chose the triptronic. I never thought that I would be saying this but I am so glad I went with the Auto. Its like driving a high tech video game. Flying around corners and shifting is a blast. I can also be holding hands with my date and still drive the car like it should be driven.

Engine, suspension, Black paint, interior and handling.

None.