Used 2007 Porsche Boxster Convertible Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Porsche Boxster Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

Great Handling Piece Of German Engineering-2007
By Matt Mitchell

2007 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car as a CPO in 2015 with a 2 year warranty and sold it recently before the warranty expired. Bought it with 59,000 miles and immediately had to soak another $2k in it for the major service. I paid $30,000 (going price at the time) and resold for only $19,000 (going price), a big depreciation hit for less than 2 years ownership. It was one of the best cars I have ever driven, acceleration, handling and breaking are second to none. Would I buy the car again? No, the depreciation and upkeep is no Bueno. If I had the money to do it all over again, probably would do the 911 cabrio. My biggest problem is now buying my replacement sports car, everything I test drive is compared to the Porsche. Nothing compares.

It's not what I wanted but ... I can't help liking it!
By tomfla

2007 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I really wanted an Elise, but ...
I bought the Silver Bullet with 43K miles on her.
I have had the base model 2007 Boxster for 3 months/ 7000 miles.

I have had no mechanical issues with the car.
I did have to replace the front brakes and rear main seal but that is to be expected in a used Boxster of this age.

The black leather interior is quite nice, there are
no cracks even at 50K miles.
Interior comfort features are somewhat as space is at a premium.
Build quality, fit and finish are better than I expected.

I am really starting to like this car. It makes me smile... when I see it, when I drive it, and when the girls holla at me drivin by. I sometimes turn the Bose stereo off in favor of the exhaust note. The car is quite practical for its impracticality - the two trunks are quite handy for grocery runs or luggage. The Boxster is not the fastest car to 60, but it handles great. I do wish it had just a teensy bit more power (or less weight) or that I could have afforded the S model. She leaks just a lil bit on the passenger side somewhere. I gotta get that checked. Maintenance items can be pricey. Potential buyers - have the vehicle you are interested in inspected.

This is car Nirvana. It's a tight squeeze for the 6' 4" or taller people; but it fits me just fine :)

Perfect Sports Car
By Porsche Nut

2007 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

My bride and I ordered this car in June of 2006 as our wedding gift to each other. Even though we bought the "base" Boxster, we optioned it up with all the goodies including the hardtop to a list of $67000! We got the base as it has plenty of power, great performance and really does get over 30 mpg on the highway. It is great for tooling around the backroads of Pennsylvania, Virginia, West (by God) Virginia and Maryland and can hold enough luggage for a week and still have room left for making frequent stops at the wineries! The overall performance is superb. I have owned Alfas, Fiats, Lancias, Triumphs and nothing compares to the Porsche. Expensive yes, but well worth it.

Handling, comfort, trunk space (yes, trunk space), performance, gas mileage, braking, good (not great) Bose stereo, full-leather interior, build quality.

Key fob is a pain in the rear. Literally! The key is way too large as the remote functions are "built in" and it is too easy to open the trunks or lock the car just by sitting down! Otherwise, the GPS is archaic by today's standards but can be programmed while in motion, preferably by the co-pilot

The perfect roadster.
By bb

2007 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

It is nearly impossible to stop smiling when driving this engaging car. The precise, responsive handling and cornering ability are superb. The 245 hp base engine provides plenty of power and torque when kept in the right RPM bands. It excels on twisty side roads, but is a fairly comfortable highway cruiser. Front and rear trunks provide surprising capacity. No problems whatsoever after 2-1/2 years of varied driving. I never want to drive anything else.

Amazing handling and balance. Luggage capacity and practicality as a daily driver. Fun factor.

Gas mileage could be better; gets down around 20mpg when driven at high revs.

Great car!
By Cindy

2007 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

It handles like a sports car, but has a very smooth ride. I still can't believe the power in acceleration. I traded in a Mazda Miata, so this is quite a step up. It functions very well as an everyday car, and the storage space is a bonus. This is certainly a car you can take on a weekend with luggage. There are so many features including an onboard computer that it may be months before I know the full potential of this vehicle. The downside (or upside depending on your perspective) is I'll probably never buy any other car than a Porsche.

The automatic top down feature is wonderful. Gone are the old days of jumping out of the car in a rainstorm to close the top.

The upgraded radio is good, but not the wraparound sound I would expect. There seems to be an issue with the check engine light going on after filling the gas tank. Other than that it is perfect and I wouldn't change a thing.