Used 2008 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Porsche 911

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Brilliant
By Gnslngr

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My second Porsche (after a 2007 Cayman) and perhaps my last one. I don't believe they can make a car better than this one. It is not so much a car as it is an experience - this car is a beast when it wants to be and is compliant and docile when my wife is in the passenger seat. I've added an Escort Passport 9500ci to make the experience complete, and now the car (with Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust, and Sport Shifter) is the dream car I've always wanted. I still cannot believe I own it; I have to do a double take every time I see it in my garage. And the great thing about this car is that it is nowhere near as onerous to own as a Ferrari or Lambo - maintenance is relatively inexpensive.

Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust, Sport Shifter, Bose, Nav.

DFI and LSD. Oh, wait, they did that in 2009. Really, it's just perfect as it is.

Best one Yet
By Porsche is the best

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

In April I decided to trade in my 2000 Carrera Cabriolet and upgrade to the Carrera 4S. While this is my 7th Porsche since 1978, it has by far the most improvement in any I have had. Obviously the AWD is a luxury along with the turbo wheels and tires and I have yet to hear a peep out of the tires regardless of how hard I push the car. The leather interior upgrade is well worth the price.

Interior, power and handling.

Navigation system is a little awkward and phone system isn't a good option. Porsche should definitely put blue tooth, iphone auxiliary outlet and touch or verbal navigation system in car.

The funnest car to drive
By Mel

2008 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr Convertible AWD (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

2500rpm's then HOLD ON-the power- handling-color options-fill my fickle, very picky needs! The leather, MUCH FINER than any Bentley- plus you do not have to plug it in at night (like Bentley -Aston-Ferrari- Lambo). The 150,000 is still 100,000 under the competition. Plus it ALWAYS STARTS! LOVE-LOVE IT.

Worst exotic imitation ever!
By Bill Scallia

2008 Porsche 911 GT2 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is not an exotic at all! It is not worth the price. I own several other exotic cars, and this is the worst! I enjoy my BMW M Roadster better. Here's why. I am not a huge fan of the design. I was hoping to do a longer road test, since I "heard" that the performance was "good". But, the dealer would only let me try it on traffic laden streets for around 2.5 miles. I THOUGHT it might do better, and so I enthusiastically bought it. Now, I regret it. I sold the car around 5 months after I purchased it for around 65% of the original value. I bought a Mercedes Benz AMG, and it is 500% better. Do not get this exotic want-to-be!

The navigation system is great! The fuel economy is pretty good, too. I averaged around 24 mpg. The steering wheel was gorgeous, too.

Redesign the car. I hated the design; I bought the car only for the performance reason, since around 5 people (who I don't think own the car) told me it was phenomenal. Also, make bluetooth standard.

Rocketship
By turbodickie

2008 Porsche 911 GT2 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 25th Porsche turbo since 1976 and my first GT2. This car is insane for the street. It is almost impossible to drive sanely. The handling is precise. The gas mileage is unbelievable considering it has 530 hp. I can get 27 mpg if I can somehow manage to do 55mph. The brakes are very close to simulating hitting a brick wall. Very overpriced but worth it. Buy one if you can find one!

Acceleration in spades. Brakes are unworldly. This car will always make you turn and look back at it as you walk away.

Should have a choice of tires-race or street. Comes with sport cups which are unsuitable for rainy weather. More interior color choices would be nice.