Used 2008 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Great car
By Chau

2008 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is great. Service record. People who own Porsche really take care of the car.

Love the '08 Carrera
By Big Sky

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

First Porsche...could not be more impressed or pleased. Will keep this one a long, long time!

my baby
By Norman mckoy

2008 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Was involved in accident in 2007,but completely restored to pristine condition,all records available,dealer maintained,always garaged

Love my Porsche 911
By Nicole P.

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I got this car as a present to myself for finiished my Master's Degree and I would buy it all over again!

Nothing Even Comes CLOSE!!!
By Michealangelo Harris

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is purely an ALL OUT STREET RACE car, and yet excellent to travel in. Drove it from Dallas, TX to SUPERIOR TWP, MI, then from SUPERIOR TWP, MI to CHANDLER, Arizona, then back to SUPERIOR TWP, MI. But know, it is not intended for parking and taking short naps in. Oh, and the gas mileage is great, when you set the cruise.
Now, I use it in PCA's autocrosses. Talking about the best of both worlds, WOW. SO glad I choose this model. This is my 14th PORSCHE, I also have a 87' 911 cabrio.

It's going on four years now since I purchase this car. There have been absolutely (NO) issues with it, major or minor. I did the 80k and the 100k services on it in December of 2014, and since then I have had the brake fluid changed at Porsche where I live and a wheel alignment did after installing new front & rear tires. I also installed myself, a third center radiator, and the front bumper vent screen kit to keep heavy debris out of the left and right radiators. Then I installed a 2.5 quart deep oil sump to help with the lubrication here in HOT, Arizona! As for running auto X here in HOT Arizona, I can tell you that these two things are needed, to help keep the temps down in the water cooling department as well as the engine oil lubrication department. Other than that, I'm just enjoying it!!!

It is Aug 2018 now and I am in the process of replacing the Optima yellow top that's 7 years and 2 months old with a new Optima Blue top marine style battery. The heat here in Arizona continues to eat batteries of any type or sort alive! Also, if you have more than one car in your garage then it is absolutely imperative that you drive all of them as often as you can! Just leaving them on a digital battery maintainer is NOT enough. I also have 3 motorcycles, and recently had a BMW s1000RR cafe bike and a Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster that I got rid of because I didn't ride them enough, but I kept the Harley Davidson soft tail, of which the battery is also going slowly dead because of the heat here in the desert state. The heat just killed the batteries on the other 2 bikes, how much more the Porsche's. What I'm saying is, the 2008 997S is yet still an excellent deal when looking to purchase a used Porsche. My car has no leaks and no problems other that the battery issue which is normal for the number of years since the date on the battery was purchased, June 2011. I highly recommend a Cabrio 997.