Used 2007 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Porsche 911

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

2007 carmon red c2s (3.8L, 6 sp)
By Tony

2007 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this for about a year now. It's still a thrill every time I get into it. Every drive is an event. I live in an area with a lot of twistys. I can't get enough of them. This is my first real sports car. I've driven a lot of sports cars but nothing compares to this. Prior to this, I owned 1996 4-runner with a 4 cyl engine! I can't see myself driving anything other than a Porsche from now own. I'm trying to convince my wife into getting the Panamera as a "family car" :). I average only 18 MPG mainly because the exhaust note is intoxicating above 4000 rpms that you repeatedly max out revs before each shift change. I guess if I didn't do that, I would get better mileage. But who cares.

Driving experience, exhaust note, shifter, comfort for daily driving.

ipod, iphone adapter, bluetooth (available in the 2009 model).

World's Best Sports Car, Red C4S Cabrio
By DLS

2007 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2dr Convertible AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have 8400 miles on it. No complaints, have run the car at Laguna Seca and Infinion Raceways. Powers out of curves like no other car in existence. Needs Michelin Cup tires instead of PS2 for track days. Most fun I've ever had driving a car, build quality the best. Ordered 22 options, which are expensive, but this is my last purchase for retirement so thought it worth it.

4 WD, sound from sport exhaust, babe magnet.

Needs an iPod input which will appear in the 2009 models. Forget the navigation system, it will be outmoded in 6 months and is complicated. Get a portable Magellan or Garmin GPS, and definitely a Valentine One radar detector!

Yellow C4 Cab
By BB

2007 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this car a week ago after owning 4 other 911's. This is my 1st C4. Add ons: 20' Champion wheels, Aero kit, suspension. The AWD is worth the money. I live in a mountain community with a lot of winding roads. The car handles great. Definite improvements since 2005.

AWD, wheels.

None at this time. I need a little more time.

Still a piece of Fine Art
By Bob

2007 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Sold an Audi RS4 to get back to a 911. Still the most fun there is for driving. May not be the fastest but by far the most fun. I hope it is my final buy b4 retirement.

Looks, sound handling

i Pod and XM hook up

C4S over Turbo
By C4S is best

2007 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The balance of this car is marvelous. This is my 3rd Porsche and is the best. I had a 996 Turbo, but you couldn't drive it slow, as you were always in the turbo. I've never felt so connected with a car and in complete control. The build quality is unequaled. Fit and finish are typical German quality.

Sport shifter, phenomenal brakes (even without PCCB) stainless exhaust note, ability to switch to sport mode

Find a way (if possible) to reduce brake dust.