Used 2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Continuing Pleasure
By David Cutlip

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The research I did found the IMS bearing problem affecting only 4% of the models produced. However if the IMS bearing fails you're looking at a very expensive repair, if not a replacement motor.
That being said, once "repaired," the car runs "like a Porsche." It pulls strong, with anything above 4000 RPM bringing an ear-to-ear smile. The handling is spot on, as expected, from any Porsche auto. I plan to do some "hot laps" at the track this season, as that's the only place you can properly drive the car without being arrested!!
Addendum 09/22/2017: I have now driven two different tracks, doing "hot laps": High Plains Raceway, Byers, Colo. and Aspen Motor Sports Park, Aspen Colo.
The car ran strong and did NOT disappoint. The drive to/from Denver area to Snowmass added a very pleasurable 1180 miles to the clock. Very comfortable for a long trip and those mountain road curves were made for this car!!!

Pure Fun
By Ken

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had sports cars in the past; corvettes, BMW M3, 500SL. NOTHING comes close to the pure fun of a Porsche 911 Cabriolet. Everybody else on the road is there only for you to pass them. Takes the corners impossibly well. Exterior design that you never get tired of. I have had Mercedes for many years and I am impressed with the ergonomic design and build quality of Porsche, absolutely on a par with MB (or better). If you have never driven a 911, you dont know what you are missing. I will say that I test drove a couple of coupes and really didn't fall in love until I drove the cabriolet. Top down is a car driving sensory overload.

Speed, handling, full leather, engineering (who else has a glass rear window in a convertible?).

There are no improvements to this car, it's perfect.

This Car Has It All Together
By HE GOES!

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned several Porsche's over the years. However, this is undoubtedly is the best one yet! Its power and handling are outstanding. The car is solid, and the ride, albeit harsh, creates a feeling that the it is glued to the road. It does not have much luggage space, but who cares. It has great instrumentation, which tells everything a real driver wants to know about the car and engine. It's gas mileage isn't great, but who cares, it's a Porsche. I have no complaints.

The power, design, finish, top operation, instrumentation, brakes, and handling.

It needs a more operator-friendly seat memory.

2003 911 Carrera Cabriolet
By tcjenn

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is a more luxurious car than any of my other 911 Porsche that I have owned. It does't have exactly the same ferrocious acceleration as my 1998 C2S or my 1993 RS 911, but it is a more forgiving ride. It is more comfortable around town. It oozes with a formal, superior luxurious ride. I have found that if I switch off the PASM control, things get back to the Porsche feel that I am more accustomed to. This car has the full leather interior option and it feels, looks, and smells great. I also have the aero kit, it adds a fantastic look to the car.

I love the aero kit, chromed sport classic wheels, basalt black paint, full leather interior, and of course, the performance!

It is a pretty good car for what it is trying to accomplish. I think it is great!

Midlife Crisis
By Ed

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Crisp handeling, acceleration is awsome, and an overall dream car. A must have before you die and leave this world, because you dont know if theres going to be one wherever your headed.

Handeling, acceleration, and beauty.

All vehicles come standard with the turbo look. Produce more vehicles per year.