Redesigned and newly renamed, the 2017 Porsche 718 Boxster is at the top of its game and a class leader for open-top sports cars. But some of the Boxster's old character has been lost in the transition from six cylinders to four.
- New turbocharged engines deliver impressive amounts of power and fuel efficiency
- PDK automatic is still the best automatic transmission in the business
- Feels incredibly precise and nimble when going around turns
- Soft top opens in just 10 seconds.
- New four-cylinder engines make less interesting sounds
- Typically standard features are now costly options
- Soft top is less secure than the folding hardtops found on some rivals.