Used 2009 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Pontiac Vibe

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Very reliable toyota matri... errr pontiac vibe
By Brad

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car, I use it every day as a courier in minnesota. It gets around like a boss in the winter with AWD & winter tires, I never worry about getting stuck. It fits much more than you would think, with the hard plastic fold down seats. The MPG for me is about 25 city 30 highway. I bought this car november '13 with 45,000 miles on it, today it has 230,000 miles. Only thing that broke by itself with the car was the transmission(mechanic put in a used one from a pontiac vibe with only 21k miles on it SCORE). Things I fixed because I broke it or it was a weird thing that was not the car makes fault: Evaporator(rock got in it and I lost defrost) 4 new wheels (flimsy steel core chrome plated rims bent when I curbed the car, couldn't unbend) everything else has been regular maintenance. I am having a problem with my coolant turning red(rust) right now but it's been a hot summer so I'd say my water pump or thermostat is on the fritz but even those are expected repairs with most any car eventually. Overall I don't have a single complaint with this car it has been so perfect and reliable for me

Don't Vibe on me!
By clive endive

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After less 27K miles, replaced the water pump and have problems with the timing chain tension adjuster... Car is fine and meets our needs otherwise.

2009 Pontiac Vibe
By Michael Davenport

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great Value for dependable car to run around town. We bought ours for our teen drivers to use. It had ESC which is hard to find in a base model affordable car before 2010.

Love my Vibe
By Donna

2009 Pontiac Vibe GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Looked for a 2009 Pontiac Vibe based on a Consumer Reports recommendation when I was looking for a good used car at the end of 2013. I continue to be very pleased with my sporty little car. My mechanic said it was "kind of peppy." He likes it too, and he said they are easy to work on.

More room than you think
By June Dabbs

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The front passenger seat folds down as well as the back seat, loads of cargo room.