Skip to main content

Used Vibe for Sale
Select your model:
12345...23

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

225,000 plus Miles

123me, 09/30/2013
updated 12/15/2021
4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My last review was done when my little Vibe was at 213,000 miles. Now I'm up to 225,000 and wondering how far will she go? I can't get rid of her now, I need to know! Again, knock on wood this has been the best little car. I use it daily and without fail it gets me where I'm going. Even considering a 400 mile trip South in the Spring if Covid isn't too bad. The only repair I've had to do in the last 12,000 miles was replace the starter, and even that wasn't completely dead. It wouldn't work about three times a year. I got sick of the inconvenience so I decided to get a new one. Other than the starter, just regular oil changes. Last year I had to get a smog test (that's required every other year in California, and there was no issue. The attendant was surprised it passed. I wasn't.) I'm so sorry they don't make this model anymore, not even in the Toyota sister car the Matrix. If you ever see one or the other on the used car market check it out. I see them around town and the owners don't want to give them up. There's plenty of headroom for tall people. The back seats fold flat (my favorite feature) giving you a lot of interior room for all your hauling needs. With the front passenger seat folded down it's a total 8' length inside and if that's not enough the rear window pops open and you stick that giant board out. Now that I live so close to the ocean I have noticed that a few little nicks have begun to rust. Ocean air is a beast on metal. Gas milage is consistently 30/32 and sometimes after an oil change I can get up to 34 miles a gallon. Lastly I have a Satellite Radio that came with the car. It still works with my preset stations, but has become unreliable when searching for new ones. I'll keep my fingers crossed, you too, let's see if I can get her to 245K.

3 out of 5 stars

4.75 out of 5 stars

A Great Car ... Through The Years!

k_texas, 05/16/2012
4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Vibe new back in early '07 ... here it is five years later and I still love it. She (yes, it's a girl -- with her own name) just turned the corner and has safely and efficiently taken me over 100,000 miles. Can't rave enough about fuel economy. Last road trip was just a few weeks ago (about 900 miles r/t) ... she did me proud with 30-35 mpg!! Really?? YES! I noticed a past reviewer commented on very poor handling in Midwest winter snows. I'd like to chime in on that and say mine was quite the Opposite. She handled herself very respectably in a South Dakota winter -- with FOUR blizzards back-to-back.

3.75 out of 5 stars

Keep the Recall in Mind

bike_canoe2, 05/10/2011
4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I agree with Edumonds it is sluggish, but 32 mpg city is a definate advantage. The seating is comfortable, road noise is average. It is fun to drive but it's not a sports car. NOW ABOUT THE RECALL - the PCM (performance control module) has issues, it will leave you stranded on the side of the road when it fails. The recall covers specific years, and specific engines so check yours at NHTSA.GOV and have it replaced if yours is recalled! The recall will cover replacing the PCM, labor, and towing to a GM dealer, but it does not cover a loaner vehicle. The dealer is very confident about the reliablity of this vehicle, this is the only issue they have with this vehicle.

5 out of 5 stars

Best Car We've ever owned!

Scott, 03/31/2016
4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is by far the best car we've ever owned. 220k and still great. Only repairs have been brakes, battery, serpentine belt, wiper blades and tires. Regular maintenance important, done with tranny fluid at each 50k, plugs at each 100k, same with coolant. Oil and filter every 5k. Still have original alternator, a/c unit (no recharge needed on freon), muffler system, hoses. Stock radio w/ 5 cd changer blew after 3 years-replaced with after market. Almost 10 years and this car is still going. Hope to get 230k then it's time to retire the Vibe....with tears in my eyes then I am sure.

2006 Pontiac Vibe

Roland Charriez, 10/05/2016
updated 04/06/2022
4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's been a great car. Great gas mileage for an AWD. Cargo space is amazing. Low maintenance and still fun to drive and wonderful in the snow. It's running perfect at 310k.

3 out of 5 stars