Used 2005 Pontiac Vibe Base Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Pontiac Vibe

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Great Car
By bb

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had mine almost 4 years, bought with 40K, now 90k.. Amazing, only thing replaced was brakes. I live in Colorado, drive up mtn passes all the time.. plenty of power and great in the snow (not sure what the other person was saying down below).. typically get 30 mpg in mixed driving, close to 40 on the hwy only. Its so much bigger than it looks, can put my mtn bike inside without taking off the front wheel. I like the clearance as well, helps in the snow and offroad

bigger profile tires would be cool, but who really cares..

119,000 and still going strong
By 2005vibeFWD5spd

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

bought base model 5 spd MT new in 9-04. 30 mpg,city/hwy. as high as 34 mpg hwy. factory tires fine in dry/rain. useless in 1" snow. bought 4 snow tires. MUCH better. goes through several inches of snow. if it gets 12" deep, FORGET IT. (fwd model) only problems, fuel pump at 60,000 and intermittent hard starting when engine is still warm. wait 20 seconds with key still on and try again. may take 2 or 3 attempts. may idle rough for several seconds. i use my gears for braking when possible. still have factory brakes at 119,000. all in all, car is great! runs smooth and no leaks, overheating, ect. handling is great and it fits in small parking spots.

handling and mpg

intermittent starting issue. i have read others with same.

Love this car
By Vibe Fan

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love love love this car. This is by far the best auto purchase I have ever made. My husband and I both have one and love it. It is very reliable and nice on the pocket book. It is a little small if you have small kids with lots of stuff.

Gas mileage and two prong outlet in dash

None

Great car
By Ken Horton

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

manual transmission lets you drive for mileage: I consistently average above 36mpg. Large amount of interior space that is very flexible to configure with the 60/40 fold down seats. Rock solid reliability (it's a Toyota). No repairs other than routine maintenance at 50K miles.

Wagon packaging, vast interior space with great flexibility. Excellent mileage possible if driven properly.

No suggestions.

My fav car
By Mil

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the vibe a few months ago. I totally loved the toyota matrix and then I realized the vibe is very similar and much more affordable.

The spacious interior.

I do not like the hesitation when it starts. I took it in to be checked and dealer mechanic could not identity problem. I wish I knew why it does that. It only does it sometimes, not every time I turn it on.