Used 2004 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews - 355 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Pontiac Vibe

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Pontiac Vibe
By courtney92381

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love mine. I bought it in June 2009 and could not be more happy. Will be buying another when it's time to trade this one in for a new model. Love it's capacity and room. It has all the luxury of a big SUV but in a smaller package.

sunroof, stereo, child safety locks, ac adapter. Great MPG!

A *great* car
By themrfreeze

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my '04 Vibe. Rock solid reliable, versatile and roomy interior, enjoyable to drive on long trips. I could haul loads of 8-foot lumber or big bulky items in the back. Car was easy to work on as well, though all I ever needed to do it was rotate tires and change the oil. Got wrecked in '09, and I still miss it.

Everything. The car didn't disappoint me in *any* respect.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By JimPaule

2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This 2004 Vibe is the best car I have ever owned in terms of reliability. Six years, 63,000 miles, and never had any warranty work whatsoever! The brakes are still original, even with considerable stop and go driving. GM really blew it by dropping Pontiac and especially the Vibe. It has been a Consumer Reports Best Buy since its inception in 2003! Of all their bad decisions, this one ranks right at the top. We plan to keep this car forever. It tracks through our bad northern Ohio winters with no problem with the all wheel drive and still delivers 20 mpg in town and 28 on the highway. Why would I ever sell this car?

AWD, gas mileage, cargo carrying ability, and it's fun to drive, even after six years of ownership.

It ain't broke, so don't fix it! No improvements needed.

Miss my Vibe :(
By AMF

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 5 speed Vibe with 50K on it, only reason I got it was because it was a stick and got good MPG. After driving it 2.5 years I fell in love with it. Got rid of it at 112K because my fiance is 6'3" and there just isn't enough room for more than us in the car. Driving mostly alone I loved how I could reach EVERYTHING in the car with no problem. Auto headlights were great but wish there was a way to turn them off certain times w/o parking break on. The previous owner had cut a cheap outdoor mat to fit in the rear which was a great idea, helped keep stuff in place. All the little compartments were great. Never broke down or needed repairs. If you're under 5'10" you should love this car!

I thought the exterior of the car was ugly when I bought it and grew to love it. Loved the sun roof, interior design, headroom, outlet, parking ANYWHERE I wanted. 1st winter stunk in the snow, got some snow tires 2nd winter and could drive anywhere. In general I loved the car and driving it.

B4 I got mine I saw some ppl didn't like the cruise would need reset if they went under 25, it wasn't an issue. A little more power; going through the Mt's on the way to VA, uphill/passing was slow. I did find that I hate with the window lock on the driver couldn't use other windows either!

5spd
By 3ni

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

All factory with aftermarket 19 inch bbs rims, rides nice kinda slow as compared to a 1.8 vtech honda, I have 310000 KM and it still runs smooth with no major problems eccept for that dam window!!!

Factory optioned skirt package, people don't even know what kind of car it is

thats dam window!!