Used 2003 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews - 347 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Pontiac Vibe

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Worst car I've ever bought
By pra22

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used
3 months ago (with 118,000 miles), and in the 3000 miles I've driven it, it has needed TWO catalytic convertors! It also needed repair on a window that was cobbled together (which of course, I couldn't see).
It is also the NOISIEST car I've ever had.
It revs up alot each morning when it is cold outside until I've traveled a few miles at higher speeds. I rue the day I bought this car and I'm afraid to drive it for fear the transmission will be next. I clearly have a lemon.

Roomy, handles well.

NEVER ever buy a car with TWO catalytic convertors because they are $500 a piece. Also when buying a used car, be sure to: 1) turn off all radios, blowers so you can hear the engine 2) check thoroughly for burn holes (push front seat backs apart from seat so you can see into cracks - big burn hole I discovered later) 3) get into back seat and thoroughly inspect 4) look at ceiling for wear and dirt 5) roll and unroll all windows completely up and down (mine fell out of track when lowered certain amount) 6) if warranty is offered - take it 7) look in trunk and check for signs of rust 8) don't buy a car that has more than average number of owners (look at car fax)

Purchased new
By drava

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I now have 114,000 miles on car.
Am very satisfied,
It handles like a sports car, feels like a sport car, performs like a sports car with its hi tech engine and 6 speed trans.
I wish a supercharger was available,
Did you know that the GT engine is the same base engine used in the Lotus Elise sports car?
I understand the engine is built by Yamaha A supercharger is available for the engine by Lotus plus it has a special software to control the valve timing
I have replaced only normal wear items ie clutch, brakes, tires, struts
Did have powerwidow problem ie glass coming loose from regulater, but they did have a recall on that

Engine, fold down seats, trans, handlling, all the other standard features

would be great if they offered a supercharger\\ Would be good if they could better sound proof car.

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT
By gclaiborne

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car about 3 years ago with 111,000 miles on it.
Now has 160,000 and it's definitely been the best and most fun car I've ever driven.
I average 30 mpg and love the 1.8 Liter Toyota high performance engine with the 6 speed manual.

Engine, miles per gallon, cargo room, luggage rack, seats, upholstery.

A quieter ride would be nice.

165,000 miles and still going strong.
By madelineo

2003 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2003 Pontiac Vibe when they first came out brand new. I have had no major problems with it. I have done regular oil changes. The only thing I have had to repalce were tires. This cars has been great. It is comfortable and has a sleek look. Continue to get comments on the car. People ask how many miles it has and when I tell them they say that is awesome. I love this car. It has been the best car i ever had.

Comfortable and the look.

None

Sadly parting with this car.
By iamhere

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Sick at heart. This 2003 Vibe has 155,000 miles on it. I replaced a sluggish starter about 20,000 miles ago. That is it other than battery, tires, alignment, brakes and spark plugs. Some jerk ran a stop sign and totaled the car. Sick at heart. Want another just like it. It was perfect and I know it would have gone another 100,000 miles easily. Best interior and configuration. Never a bit of problem. So sad.

Everything. The plug in, dependability, motor, interior, plastic seat coating when you haul, luggage racks, sun roof, dash, long lasting car. Want another.

The windows did not wipe clean when you roll them down in the rain. Otherwise, no complaint.