Used 2008 Pontiac Torrent Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Pontiac Torrent

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:

Great SUV for the price
By SUV love it

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV for the price. Love the features and the ride. MPG is combined about 22. Not bad for a SUV of this size with a V6 engine.

Sliding back seat, handling.

Cup holders need improvements, add more of them too. Rear windows should be able to open similar to a mini-van.

best for the money
By Snappy

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a sedan or coupe driver all my life, I also build and drive street rods, but this torrent is the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. I always am looking for an excuse to go somewhere. I have looked at other vehicles and it seems to me that this car offers a lot more goodies for the money.

onstar and hands free calling, adjustable rear seat, room to put stuff, driver information center, handeling

the shift indicater light should dim with the dash lights, the front center counsol needs rethinking.

Great first SUV
By Eric Godat

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Just read the news about Pontiac perhaps going good bye. Sad but this Pontiac Torrent is a rock solid performer and for good value. It is said GM always stops building a car when they got it right. I echo most of the comments above. This is a fun to drive vehicle and handles well for the 3.4L Minor gripes: the cupholder window control, Perhaps a luggage rack bar on top as standard. Back seat room is far superior to all other midsize SUVs. The only problem? My 20 year old daughter now "claims" it as her primary driving vehicle! But such is life when you teach children how to help pick a car( she picked it). But I have fun on my commute motorcycle

Interior room and seating

Perhaps a bigger center console placed just a bit further to the rear by an inch or two

Like it so much bought a 2nd one
By Mikey

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Actually owned it's cousin the Chevrolet Equinox for 4 years. I love that car. So much so I added a Torrent to the stable. The Equinox and Torrent are fun to drive and I have had zero problems. A little over 20 in the city and 24-26 on the highway MPG. The moving Rear seat is my favorite feature, but the performance of the engine and transmission is as good as the Mercedes I once owned.

Huge rear seat legroom. Fun to drive. Looks good. I think it's very well built.

The cup holder could be improved (very minor) I still reach for the door to roll down the window (Power window switches in the center console)

Love the car, hate the cup holders!
By torrent

2008 Pontiac Torrent GXP 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car. Getting in and out is great, the interior is very roomy. Hate the cup holders. I dropped my keys in the open space and it took me an hour to get them out between the seat and the open space. Wish I knew something I could get to replace the cup holders.